X

front brake master cylinder

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• front brake master cylinder

I have an 88 GSX 600 with a front master cylinder that crapped out on me..I was wondering if the post Kat front brake master cylinder setup can be used on a pre?

I wanted to get a new brake cylinder, with the lever and everything off a post Kat like an 02-06 and use it on my 88...

Will this work?

Why not just rebuild the one you've got? Unless you're buying a brand new MC ($$$) you may end up needing to do that anyway. Might as well go for the rebuild right off the bat and know it's right.
    Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
    HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Originally posted by 88kat-rider View Post
      I have an 88 GSX 600 with a front master cylinder that crapped out on me..I was wondering if the post Kat front brake master cylinder setup can be used on a pre?

I wanted to get a new brake cylinder, with the lever and everything off a post Kat like an 02-06 and use it on my 88...

Will this work?

88-06 Kat master both 600 and 750 is pretty much the same thing. Perfectly interchangable.

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Thanks guys,

I ordinarily would rebuild my old one, but the PO dropped the bike and cosmetically damaged it. Now it mechanically failed so i would rather get a "new" used one or an aftermarket. It still could be rebuilt but would have all the road rash still.

I don't want my bike to look like its been dropped a dozen times...I have never dropped a street bike and hopefully never will

Comment

Brembo 19x18/19x20 RCS Brake Master cyl. with mounting kit
          This one works.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
            But that costs money!

Comment

Originally posted by 05RedKat600 View Post
              But that costs money!
              You mean really nice stuff for your motorcycle costs more than $1? Screw that.

Comment

That's not $1. That's 370 of them! That's a pretty big chunk of change, especially when this will do the job just as well: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Suzuki-Bandi...item43a85a8620
                Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Originally posted by Wild-Bill View Post
                  That's not $1. That's 370 of them! That's a pretty big chunk of change, especially when this will do the job just as well: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Suzuki-Bandi...item43a85a8620
                  I know Bill, I was kidding. With that said, I'm sure that'll just as well as the Brembo RCS. I must say, when motorcycles are your life and your livelihood, what you spend on stuff is a little less important. Considering that exact MC + a Pazzo lever + a Brembo remote reservoir is sitting on my shelf right now.
                  Last edited by arsenic; 10-21-2011, 11:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
                    I know Bill, I was kidding. With that said, I'm sure that'll just as well as the Brembo RCS. I must say, when motorcycles are your life and your livelihood, what you spend on stuff is a little less important. Considering that exact MC + a Pazzo lever + a Brembo remote reservoir is sitting on my shelf right now.

Just Chris' brake system (master, lever, lines, calipers, rotors) for the front alone cost more than most of us spend on our entire bike purchase....

It's gonna be a sweet ride though when it's done.

Krey
                    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
                    X