X

98+ Shock in a Pre

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by adam731432 View Post
    I only see the screw type for a pre 98. Do the 98+ lowering links happen to work on a pre?

No, links should be purchased specific to the pre or post bike. There are ones available for each.

krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by Tmod View Post
      Your old shock is not rebuildable so that takes that out of the equation.

All the choices that are available either raise or lower the bike. I would suggest a B12 but that caused a interference issue with the lever, The R6 will lower it. Early GSXR are the closest thing that will fit right in with some adjustability but then they need rebuilding. Post 750 shock will lower it. Hayabusa shock will raise the crap out of it.

I guess what I am saying is there is not a direct replacement from another newer bike without it changing the height some.

Tmod
      What is the eye-to-eye length of the latest GSXR's? Anything looking promising?
      Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Originally posted by loudnlow7484 View Post
        What is the eye-to-eye length of the latest GSXR's? Anything looking promising?
        I will have to put one back together and check, I never did check them as the reservoir is coming straight off the back and would require more modding then the R6 shock to fit on a pre.

Tmod

Comment

Originally posted by Tmod View Post
          I will have to put one back together and check, I never did check them as the reservoir is coming straight off the back and would require more modding then the R6 shock to fit on a pre.

Tmod
          Oh yeah, I forgot about the reservoir situation.
          Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Working...
          X