X

think i got screwed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• think i got screwed

i ordered a proggressive suspension kit for my 93 750, due to my work schedule i had to have someone install them for me (local shop), i have used proggressive set ups before, on this model it calls for 2 2 1/2 inches of preload(pvc tube) i had a fork seal develop a leak took the caps of to refill fork oil level and i noticed no pre load pvc tubing, doesnt even look like the proggressive spring....is there any markings any knows of to determine if they are stock springs or not....and no pre-load????

input would be great before i go back to the shop, he already said he would warranty the seals but i dont think they put the kit in as i asked even though they charged me 4 hours in labor for fork seals and springs

Tmod is the suspension expert...I would try and solicit his opinion...good luck!
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is." -- Jan L. A. van de Snepscheut / Yogi Berra

"after the nuclear apocalypse, there will be 6ft tall cockroaches eating twinkies and driving dodge darts, and riding katanas" -- JayBell

Comment

I would expect that a pro instal would use the metal tube spacers cut to the right length. Are you absolutely sure on the 2 1/2" preload for those springs. That seems.... excessive to me.

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

I am not sure that there is 2.5" preload but rather a 2.5" spacer length. Also the spacer could be under the spring if the installer wanted to do it that way.

Some progressive springs from 'progressive' don't use spacers as they are made to the correct length.

Take a measurement of them and also a image and post it up.

Tmod

Comment

Im sure if you went to a reputable shop they installed the springs for you...

What use does he have for 93 750 springs? losing his business? I wouldnt think so

Comment

Working...
          X