X

Front brake lever smoothness

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front brake lever smoothness

Ive noticed lately that when I pull in the front brake lever it is not very smooth at all. Hard to put into words but it just feels like it has a few resistance / sticky points as I pull it in.

Not sure if something needs to be cleaned or if its a deeper issue than that. Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Its a 95 600, brake pads are still good.

Either grooved pad pins or water in your brake lines. Do you still have the stock rubber lines and splitter?
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Grease the pivot? Let's not get to flushing fluid and rebuilding master cylinders unless we absolutely have to.

My lever gets sticky feeling if I don't clean and grease it every few months. Maybe a function of having bad quality aftermarket levers, because I never had this feeling with the stockers.
      Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

I've started to Notice mine are doing that too. Like they stick a little when you squeeze them. I'll try greasing mine

Comment

Originally posted by loudnlow7484 View Post
          Maybe a function of having bad quality aftermarket levers, because I never had this feeling with the stockers.
          Good point. I had those crappy C/F look levers off of ebay on my katana and they felt as cheap as they were.
          90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
          I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
          Originally posted by soulless kaos
          but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
            Good point. I had those crappy C/F look levers off of ebay on my katana and they felt as cheap as they were.
            Mine came from Dennis Kirk, but they still feel like a they were cast in somebody's basement from melted-down soda cans, and I know first hand that they snap like a twig if you go down (last bike, not this one).
            Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

I lubed the hell out of the whole lever area and it seemed to help. I think it was the black rubbery piece that the brake lever squeezes that was dried up. Thanks guys

Comment

Working...
              X