X

Another Thread about bleeding

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boxin View Post
    I like the idea of using a GSXR master cylinder!
    Do you have to do some adaptation? Increased breaking power?

I don't know if there is any better breaking power but since I have a 95 kat.
    and installed a 04 MC I figured I was better off..
    The only "adaptation" needed is to figure out a way of mounting the fluid reservoir.
    Even your Katana brake lever will work.

Comment

Well, I bought used and original hoses on ebay, in good condition (new washers) and after all morning to be bleeding the brake system I can say that the problem continues.
      Both the caliper and master cylinder are rebuilt with original suzuki parts some time ago. If you had to choose which to rebuild again, where would you begin?

Comment

Check the pins that hold the brake pads. I had a similar experience, bleeding and bleeding until I thought to check them. They had notches worn in them which were keeping the pads from moving freely. Replaced the pins and had immediate brakes.
        Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
        HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

pins?... helpme with an image please!

Comment

They are the pins you have to take out that hold the actual pads in the calipers. They are held in with a metal clip.

Comment

Ok tnanks, now I understand ...
              What I do not understand is "notches worn in them which were keeping the pads from moving freely"... I take a look, but I do not know what to look

Comment

http://www.bikebandit.com/2000-suzuk...6195#sch273494 number 10
                never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

Originally posted by boxin View Post
                  Ok tnanks, now I understand ...
                  What I do not understand is "notches worn in them which were keeping the pads from moving freely"... I take a look, but I do not know what to look
                  Look for anything that's not a smooth steel rod. On mine, where the pins go through the brake pad backing plates there were spots worn in the pins. Like dents in the metal. That's what you're looking for. I think that what was happening is that when I squeezed the brake lever the pads weren't sliding towards the rotors. Instead, they were being tilted towards the rotors and then flexing, making it seem like there was air in the lines although there wasn't any.

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                  HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Remember that my problem was lack of pressure in the brake lever. Without resistance at 1/2-3/4 of range. I see no relation between my problem and that little piece, but I'll check tomorrow.

Originally posted by Wild-Bill View Post
                    Look for anything that's not a smooth steel rod. On mine, where the pins go through the brake pad backing plates there were spots worn in the pins. Like dents in the metal. That's what you're looking for. I think that what was happening is that when I squeezed the brake lever the pads weren't sliding towards the rotors. Instead, they were being tilted towards the rotors and then flexing, making it seem like there was air in the lines although there wasn't any.
                    I understand! Tomorrow I'll tell you what's new. Thanks!

One more question.
                    You had to replaced them by new ones?
                    Last edited by boxin; 09-20-2011, 11:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Actually, I had some good ones laying around. I'll drop some new ones in next time I change the pads. I think that's going to become my standard from now on.

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                      HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Well, even I had no time to disarm the calipers but I watched the pins and orings superficially. I observed the following: pins are significantly deformed. And I think the orings are also deformed. See the photos, in parts o-ring is deeper (or more superficial) than others.
                        Do you think this may be causing the problem?

Comment

Yup, there's your problem.

Comment

:s
                            I need to buy new calipers? Because the "pin" of the photo number 2 is integrated into the caliper and has no replacement.

Comment

I'd be looking into some new calipers then. That groove will cause the pads to hang and cause bleeding and stopping issues.

Comment

Wow. That's incredible.
                                The bike has 35k M
                                A few months ago had the original brake pads.
                                The brake discs are originals and are in good condition.
                                I can not believe it is time to buy new calipers!
                                I can not believe that Suzuki has made ​​something of such poor quality.

Comment

Working...
                                X