Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Failed at changing brake pads. Need your help!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Duddy View Post
    ...Would there be a chance that I need a rebuild kit?...
    There's always a chance. I don't know what condition your brake calipers are in. You do. A good indicator is to look at the dust seals. If they're cracked or split then definitely replace them and you might as well get the other bits, too. If you can't get them working smoothly then, again, rebuild.

If you don't feel 100% confident that your brakes will stop your bike then fix the problem before you really need those brakes. Think about it, if your engine doesn't work then you could be stuck walking. If your brakes don't work you could end up dead.
    Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
    HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

How exactly are you bleeding the fluid?

(Sounds like he might be just opening and draining, not pressurizing and bleeding)
      THE DOC
      RIP MARC......Ride on in Heaven Brother!
      Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a
      mistake when you make it again.
      sigpic

Comment

It worked! Muhahaha! They stop on a dime now.

Thanks for the help everybody.

Comment

I got them to work by continuing to bleed them. Took only about 10 minutes. Bled the one closest to the wheel first and then the front one. All of that stress for nothing.

Comment

Congrats dude. LOL I suggest though, next time you are going to do something for the first time check out the manual first. I know it's keep me from doing lots of stupid stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by manowar1313 View Post
              Congrats dude. LOL I suggest though, next time you are going to do something for the first time check out the manual first. I know it's keep me from doing lots of stupid stuff.
              The sad thing is... is that I did haha

I guess I am completely new to this stuff, but excited to learn, even if it ****es me off a few times

Comment

You learn more from your mistakes than your successes. Fact of life.
                Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

C clamp always worked for me =D. I find it to be the best method, as well as the easiest.
                  1992 GSX600F
                  View my Build =D http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=116858

Comment

Originally posted by Bewstin View Post
                    C clamp always worked for me =D. I find it to be the best method, as well as the easiest.

Comment

Working...
                    X