Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Looking for the best rear shock upgrade, any advice??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for the best rear shock upgrade, any advice??

Im trying to find the best bolt in or very close to bolt in rear shock replacement, which is better than stock for comfort and 2 up riding, but also turns and solo riding.

at the minute im looking at a mk2 B12 shock but is this the best option?

thanks in advance
    GSX600F - micron slip on, iridium spark plugs, HID kit, mesh mod, shovel chop, rear hugger, led gauge lights, led indicators and running lights, R1 led brake light, flip up tinted screen, rim tape, SS brake lines...

Try sending a PM to member TMod. He can help you come up with a good choice.
    -Steve

sigpic
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Ditto.. what steve said.
      http://www.7thgeardesigns.com
      http://www.lunchtimecigar.com
      '90 Suzuki 750 Kat

"Shut up and drink your gin" - Fagin (Oliver Twist)
      "But, as is the usual scenario with a Harley it was off-line when it crashed," Schwantz added dryly.
      "You didn't hear what I meant to say" - my Son

Comment

Thanks, ive sent a Pm now
        GSX600F - micron slip on, iridium spark plugs, HID kit, mesh mod, shovel chop, rear hugger, led gauge lights, led indicators and running lights, R1 led brake light, flip up tinted screen, rim tape, SS brake lines...

Comment

yup +1 Tmod is the way to go! hell get you one rebuilt and setup for your wieght!
          03/03/2010 - got 99 Kat 750 ,881 miles,blue, STOCK.
          04/03/2010 - 2069 miles. Burley frame sliders, mesh mod, carbs overhauled.
          08/05/2010 - 8562 Miles, SS lines, shovel del., int. brake light
          10/08/2010 - 9862 miles, GSXR cams, futomo Valve
          05/22/2011- 11884 Miles, -GSXR cams -Futomo Valve +advancer

Comment

I'm not sure Tmod is still doing that..
            but hey, sending a PM is free

Comment

Anything newer than what you have will be an improvement.
              90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
              I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
              Originally posted by soulless kaos
              but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

haha good point, i can't imagine an 18 year old shock being in very good shape

Comment

I just picked up an R6 rear shock. That is one to consider.

Comment

I'd be looking at the R6 as well, complete adjustability is a nice thing.

I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Just checked the prices for a used Kat shock. Don't waste your money on them. The R6's are going cheap.

Comment

R6 shocks are only good for pre98.
                        -Steve

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by steves View Post
                          R6 shocks are only good for pre98.
                          Why not post 98s? Is the subframe different and in the way?

Comment

He's got a pre, doesn't he?

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
                              Why not post 98s? Is the subframe different and in the way?
                              Something about a clearance issue on the knuckle.
                              -Steve

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X