X

Brake fluid reservoir

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brake fluid reservoir

So I noticed the newer sport bikes have these white plastic cylindrical brake fluid reservoirs, and I was wondering if they have an advantage over the rectangular, aluminum ones like on our Kats...
    I think the stock B/F reservoir looks dated.
    '03 600 Kat
    '00 Ninja 500R - *sold*

no difference.. just a place to hold the extra.
    "even one weak point is a weak point, DON'T MAKE ANY!" ~me

2006 turboed kat
    2004 marauder 800

Comment

Is there any way to relocate it? I kinda don't like it on the handlebars. Pluss mine is kinda scraped up from a recent incident.
      I have embarked on the road of modding. Even if you BOLT ON new parts to a bike, there will be someone somewhere that has the same combination. With the Kat, you have a unique platform. Sure, some parts might be from other bikes, but no one will have the same combination. It will be truly yours and unique.
      -Unholy m-
      Current project: Un-Katchable
      sigpic

Comment

Weight savings
        90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
        I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
        Originally posted by soulless kaos
        but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
          Weight savings
          Probably cheaper to make too. How much lighter is the plastic one?
          '03 600 Kat
          '00 Ninja 500R - *sold*

Comment

as long as you have something that wont get eaten by brake fluid, leak out, wont create moisture and stuff, and wont uncover the hole where the brake fluid goes into the master from... it will work... so explore your minds and come up with something crazy....

2006 turboed kat
            2004 marauder 800

Comment

you could relocate it but instead of a brake fluid res you will have another hose to route.
              Please, Just go home, relax, and have a think or two... hell... have as many as you can handle! It'll do all of us some good.
              Tony
              94 Katana 600

Comment

well plus doesnt the res. need to be above the master otherwise it will just make an air pocket.

2006 turboed kat
                2004 marauder 800

Comment

yeah i think it has to be above the M.C.... unless you use a vacuum brake bleeding pump. but i could be wrong.
                  Please, Just go home, relax, and have a think or two... hell... have as many as you can handle! It'll do all of us some good.
                  Tony
                  94 Katana 600

Comment

i mean as in, if you picture your res. below the master, means the hole where the fluid goes into the master would be uncovered, like if you bled your brakes and didn't realise that you needed to add more fluid and it puts air in the line (doh) lol

2006 turboed kat
                    2004 marauder 800

Comment

Originally posted by 4banger View Post
                      Probably cheaper to make too. How much lighter is the plastic one?
                      Couple oz

I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

To change out the reservoir you'll also need a m/c that doesn't have one built in. But it would be an improvement to fit a radial m/c instead of the stock axial one, and they usually come with a remote reservoir.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmie View Post
                          To change out the reservoir you'll also need a m/c that doesn't have one built in. But it would be an improvement to fit a radial m/c instead of the stock axial one, and they usually come with a remote reservoir.
                          Yep, radial mounted masters probably have a bit to do with it.

Comment

Working...
                          X