X

GSXR / Hayabusa wheels interchangeable?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kfreak View Post
    Krey. is that an altered arm in the pic for a 5.5 rim?
    Nope, that paticular swingarm was slightly modded for the wheel in the pic, which was a 4.5" Bandit 600 wheel using a 160 tire. All was needed was to widen the point at the axle.

The 5.5" wheels require more clearance near the brace point on the swingarm for tire clearance, so I do a much more drastic kick out there like this pic shows...

Now days I also relocate the mount for the torque arm so that it's sitting about in the middle of the welds where I kick it out. This allows use of the stock torque arm and puts the clearance for it in line with the swingarm it's self, instead of cutting inside reducing the clearnace like on the stock arm.

Krey

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

I'm finally getting my rear wheel on but your arm looks mighty nice. Since I'm at it, I bought the front end. I want to go with the larger rear tire but I'm going to stop at what I have for now.
      Last edited by Kfreak; 12-05-2010, 03:35 PM.

Comment

Just a little update purchased a couple wheels. ended up with 06 hayabusa front wheel to go with the 01 busa forks, and an 99 GSXR 600 5.5 rear wheel. Style wise they match great, and they where in great shape so I might be able to get away with out powder coating them.
        Now I just need to get with Krey about widening the swingarm.
        Richard
        Attached Files
        96 Suzuki GSX750F
        89 Suzuki GSX600F Project
        05 Yamaha WR450F
        05 Yamaha YZ450F

sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X