X

Strange handling issue

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange handling issue

This is not a new issue but it is driving me crazy and I'm wondering if anyone has any thoughts on it.

When I turn the bike, either direction and at any speed, the bike feels like it wants to turn in even more. I'm talking to the extent that I'm sure I'm pushing the inside bar to keep it from turning more. The seat of the pants feeling is the bike wants to fall over.

I haven't changed out my rear shock and spring yet and I know the sag on the rear of the bike is greater than the front right now, which is backward, so this question might be a bit premature but I thought I would throw it out there anyway.

Now I've only had a half a dozen bikes in my life, mostly conventional and dirt bikes, and I don't ride many other peoples bikes so my comparison database is limited but I don't remember any of them doing this.
    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=110816

1994 GSX750F Katana with:

Michelin Pilot Road 2's, 120/70, 150/70,
    Race Tech 1.0kg springs with 25mm preload,
    R6 rear shock w/14.3kg Eibach spring,
    1" Soupys bar risers, Zero Gravity windshield,
    RK GXW Gold Chain, My own fender eliminator,
    3BBB turn signal mirrors,
    Black painted seat and rear trim,
    Nelson-Rigg CL-135, CL-150, CL-950.

What tires you have on there? Are they worn more on the sides than in the middle (front tire).

Geometry wise if the back has more sag than the front it should actually reverse what you have, Are the front forks brought up into the clamps more than stock?

Is the rear tire aligned correctly? (Not using the chain alignment marks).

Install the parts you have a see if it still does it.

Tmod

Comment

Check your head stem bearings for looseness. Raise the front wheel off the ground (put it on the center stand and have someone put weight on the back of the bike), grab both forks and give them a shake-front to back. If there's any looseness then you need to tighten up or replace the bearings. On a 94 it may be about time to change them out anyway, depending on how the bike's been ridden/maintained.
      Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
      HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

are the tires center worn ?

I ride mostly highway and when my tires get worn the bike feels like its going to fall into the corner
        Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

Just a note, pushing the inside bar is what makes the bike lean into the turn more.

Jussayin.
          90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
          I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
          Originally posted by soulless kaos
          but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Working...
          X