X

00 gsxr 750 shock swap

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 00 gsxr 750 shock swap

im interested in doing this rear shock swap on my 92 600 but not finding to much info other than whats stated in the shock swap wiki. does any one have any info on this swap? is it worth it? complications?pros/cons? any input would be really appreciated. thanks

ps found a good one on ebay for 40 bucks shipped
    Last edited by vpower102; 11-01-2010, 01:20 PM.

I did the B12 upgrade on my prekat 600, and it was well worth it.
    Current Bike: 2005 SV1000S K5 Red, 7,xxx miles, Hot Bodies Double Bubble Tinted Screen, Hot Bodies Fender Eliminator, Pirelli Diablo Rossi's, LED Flush Mounts, Front/Side/Rear Sliders, PC-III USB, K&N Air Filter, aTRE Mod, TechSpec Tank Grips, Solo Seat Cowl, Corbin Seat, HEL SS Brake/Clutch Lines.

Working on installing: TPS mod

Anyone who loves their bike uses Rotella T6!

Comment

Are there any good swaps for a post 600?
      '03 600 Kat
      '00 Ninja 500R - *sold*

Comment

-2000 GSXR is not on the swap list
        -Contact Tmod about other possible options including a rebuild
        -Steve

sigpic
        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
        Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Originally posted by steves View Post
          http://katriders.com/wiki/index.php5?title=Shocks

-2000 GSXR is not on the swap list
          -Contact Tmod about other possible options including a rebuild
          --'00 GSXR 750. (SlytlyDeranged) Notes: Battery box needs adjustment. Raises rear height. Adds adjustability.

Comment

Well, there you go.
            -Steve

sigpic

Comment

GSXR weighs a lot less than the katana...
              90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
              I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
              Originally posted by soulless kaos
              but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

so does the r6 but people still use that shock, would the r6 shock be better?or what

Comment

The folks using the r6 shock are having them re-sprung to match the weight.
                  -Steve

sigpic

Comment

While the weight of the bike does come into play the leverage is what really makes a difference in spring rates, Take a CBR600, They have a stiff spring yet the bike is lite. The R6 spring is rated a bit stiffer than a pre 600/750 spring so if the stock spring is fine for you then the R6 will not require a re-spring. It will lower the bike but you have to decide if you are willing to lower it a bit. The GSXR shock is sprung lighter than either the pre 600/750 shock or the R6 shock, The R6 has digressive valving where the GSXR shock does not. IMO a shock that is setup for one bike will not transfer over to another bike and be valved correctly for the weight of the rider, leverage and style of riding.

Tmod

Comment

Originally posted by Tmod View Post
                      The R6 has digressive valving where the GSXR shock does not.
                      What is the benefit of digressive valving on a bike? Maybe I don't understand what that means well enough......
                      Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Originally posted by steves View Post
                        The folks using the r6 shock are having them re-sprung to match the weight.
                        Ah, didn't remember seeing any notice of that.

Respringing should be at the top of anyone's mod list for sure.
                        90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                        I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                        Originally posted by soulless kaos
                        but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Hi I'm running a 08 R6 shock with factory spring on the rear of my Pre 750 (bushings courtesy of Tmod) and I'm really happy. lost about 3/4 inch height
                          without me on it. I'm no light weight about 225lbs but its defiantly a huge improvement on the worn out stock shock. Not perfect but a step in the right direction.
                          Richard
                          96 Suzuki GSX750F
                          89 Suzuki GSX600F Project
                          05 Yamaha WR450F
                          05 Yamaha YZ450F

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by loudnlow7484 View Post
                            What is the benefit of digressive valving on a bike? Maybe I don't understand what that means well enough......
                            Quoth the internet:
                            Digressive valving is a revolutionary way of valving shocks that is entirely different than in usual shock absorber design. Traditionally shocks have more damping force at higher shaft velocities, and that’s why they are called progressive shock absorbers. These shock absorber design have multi-stage valving to cater to various types of road conditions. Despite of these multi-stage valving, they are quite different from digressive valving, which is opposite of how shocks have been traditionally valved.
                            A digressive shock absorber has stiff, progressive damping at low shaft speeds (less than 3 inches per second). This helps to control car body motion like roll, dive and squat. At this point, it functions like a typical stiff racing shock absorber.
                            At higher shaft speeds, between 3 to 10 inch per second the damping force is more or less constant despite the rapid change in shaft velocity! The result is the suspension is kept supple in response to bumps and irregularities in the road, therefore traction is maintained on bumpy roads by reducing suspension hop, yet provides a firm ride, even at the high damping rates needed for body motion control. First used with success in off-road racing, digressive shock absorbers have only recently made their way into the on-road racing area
                            -Steve

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tmod View Post
                              While the weight of the bike does come into play the leverage is what really makes a difference in spring rates, Take a CBR600, They have a stiff spring yet the bike is lite. The R6 spring is rated a bit stiffer than a pre 600/750 spring so if the stock spring is fine for you then the R6 will not require a re-spring. It will lower the bike but you have to decide if you are willing to lower it a bit. The GSXR shock is sprung lighter than either the pre 600/750 shock or the R6 shock, The R6 has digressive valving where the GSXR shock does not. IMO a shock that is setup for one bike will not transfer over to another bike and be valved correctly for the weight of the rider, leverage and style of riding.

Tmod
                              thanks tmod exactly what i needed to know looks like ill be going with the r6 shock

Comment

Working...
                              X