X

who sales a rebuild kit for a 750 Kat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• who sales a rebuild kit for a 750 Kat

Ive got a 2001 750 kat and it just hit 18K miles yesterday and also began leaking a lot of oil from the front fork seal. I was looking at bikebandit.com and they dont sell a rebuild kit. Can anyone tell me where to buy a kit or what exactly needs to be replaced in a rebuild. What weight oil does the 750 require? THanks guys, gotta get my bike back on the road ASAP

rebuild kit for what? Fork seals?
    -Steve

sigpic
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

yeah, the seals are leaking, so im gonna pull them (the forks) off the bike and rebuild them, other then the top main seal, what do i need to replace

Comment

Forks have seals, wipers, upper bushings and lower bushings. Check the bushing condition by holding the front brake lever and pushing/pulling on the bars to try to make the bike roll forward and back. If there's any slop in the forks then it's time to replace the bushings. If not then don't mess with them.

You'll need a liter of either 10w or 15w (if you want to stiffen up the rebound a bit) fork oil and you really should have a seal driver to get the seals and wipers seated without chewing them up. I made a driver with some schedule 40 PVC pipe. A 1 1/4" coupler and a 2"x1 1/4" adapter glued together fits just right and is heavy enough that it'll drive those seals right into place. (Provided you remember to lube them up with fork oil first.)
        Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
        HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Working...
        X