X

Front fork settings

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front fork settings

Is it going to cause a problem if i run the front forks at the hardest setting (1 Click). Right now it is at the 2nd click and i would like to stiffen it up a little bit.

Originally posted by doblerj14 View Post
    Is it going to cause a problem if i run the front forks at the hardest setting (1 Click). Right now it is at the 2nd click and i would like to stiffen it up a little bit.
    Unless you have a different front end that adjustment is for rebound and will do nothing for the compression stroke.

Tmod

Comment

Is it going to cause a problem if i run the front forks at the hardest setting (1 Click).
      The fork settings are adjustable to taylor to you, the rider. So no, there will not be any problems by setting them to what you want.

As Tmod stated, the settings on the forks control rebound only. Meaning it controls how slowly or how quickly the fork rebounds, or uncompresses, when the forks have been compressed. The only way to adjust compression as-is on the Katana forks is to change fork oil. However, by changing fork oil, you also will alter rebound. But at least that can be externally modified. If you go the aftermarket route, i.e. Race Tech, the emulators can adjust, internally, for the compression stroke, but you will loose the ability to change the rebound because the whole rebound mechanisim is removed when installing the emulators. Catch-22.
      Last edited by squiggy; 06-28-2010, 12:25 PM.
      How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
      How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
      How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
      How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

I took a demo ride of the zx6r and found out just how soft the front on the kat is and was wondering if there is any good way to stiffen it up with out dumping a bunch of money into it.
        I have never messed with the suspension on any thing before so this is all new to me. i have been doing alot of reading and am unsure what to do

Comment

I took a demo ride of the zx6r and found out just how soft the front on the kat is and was wondering if there is any good way to stiffen it up with out dumping a bunch of money into it.
          I have never messed with the suspension on any thing before so this is all new to me. i have been doing alot of reading and am unsure what to do
          Depending on your weight springs would be the best step and would probably solve alot of your problem.

How much do you weigh?

Tmod

Comment

Right now i am at 210

Comment

Right now i am at 210
              Ok yeah do the springs then, I would say the 1.0 kg/mm would be your best bet.

Tmod

Comment

Yep, stock fork springs are waaaay to soft for you.

When I did my fork upgrade, I bought Race Tech's .90 kg/mm fork springs and they are still too soft. I'm not too concerned about it because I'm slowly in the process of doing a fork conversion with Tmod's help on a tool.
                How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
                How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
                How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
                How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

Hi all

Didnt want to str\art a new thread but i need some help on my 1995 750.

Just tried to change the fork oil but i couldnt get the old drain plug to a point where i couldnt tighten it any further. It simply just keeps turning so to speak. I went to the the Suzuki dealer and bought new plug and gasket but still having trouble. I added the fork oil and its leaking.

I'm wondeing if i applied some plumbers tape to the screw if that will work. Or are there any others ideas on how to solve this. For something so simple i cant beleive its causing so much trouble and wasted time.

Any sugestions appreciated.

Thanks

Steve

Comment

Working...
                  X