X

brake rotors

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brake rotors

What is a good way to clean rust off rotors . Bike has been sitting for about 5 years. Are there any options for newer rotors. I have a 90-750

drive the bike. applying the brakes will clean the rust off, at least where the pads touch.
    never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

+1

For new rotors you can use 1st generation SV650 rotors and 98+Katana rotors.

Comment

Originally posted by diesel View Post
        What is a good way to clean rust off rotors . Bike has been sitting for about 5 years. Are there any options for newer rotors. I have a 90-750
        GS500 uses the same rear rotor as your pre kat. Other than that, purchase aftermarket.

Originally posted by KAT TOY View Post
        drive the bike. applying the brakes will clean the rust off, at least where the pads touch.
        Agreed... +1

Originally posted by Black_peter View Post
        +1

For new rotors you can use 1st generation SV650 rotors and 98+Katana rotors.
        Won't match... those are 5 bolt pattern rotors. Pre uses 4 bolt mount.

Other differences but would still be usable are slightly smaller OD and thinner thickness as well.

Krey
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
        X