No announcement yet.
X

Galfer vs OEM brake lines

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would go with a two line set up ! I went with HEL and I used rubber fuel hose to clamp them in place .
    sigpic

Faster, Faster, Faster... Until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." Hunter S. Thompson

" Rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow "

Comment

Originally posted by Tmod View Post
      Put the syringe on the bleeder at the caliper the furthest from the m/c and push fluid up through the system slowly and see if that removes the air. Basically backwards bleeding.

Tmod

Is this supposed to force the fluid up into the MC? I've had similar brake issues and I tried this tonight and for the life of me I couldn't get the brake fluid to flow into the bleeder...

Comment

Just remember when you are bleeding brakes start with the side farthest from the Master Cylinder. It takes a little while to bleed the brakes. I installed a set of Venhill lines that I sell on my father in laws Venture. After getting everything set and tightened up. Took about 15 minutes to bleed them up and used one bottle of brake fluid. Use a whole bottle to make sure I flushed out the M/C.
        www.mopowersports.com

Comment

Originally posted by Jobberwocky View Post
          Is this supposed to force the fluid up into the MC? I've had similar brake issues and I tried this tonight and for the life of me I couldn't get the brake fluid to flow into the bleeder...
          Yeah in a nut shell you are trying to force the fluid up to the m/c. Do you have speed bleeders on your bike by chance?

Tmod

Comment

I don't have speed bleeders that I know of since I'm not the original owner. I can understand how the fluid wouldn't flow into them if they were but is there any reason why I couldn't force fluid in if they are stock bleeders?

Comment

but is there any reason why I couldn't force fluid in if they are stock bleeders?
              Yeah, if the Calipers are clogged up with crystallized brake fluid

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter View Post
                Yeah, if the Calipers are clogged up with crystallized brake fluid
                That's true but I was able to bleed them the proper way. It just won't reverse bleed...

So theoretically, if I pushed fluid up from the bleeders it should freely enter the MC?

Comment

That's true but I was able to bleed them the proper way. It just won't reverse bleed...

So theoretically, if I pushed fluid up from the bleeders it should freely enter the MC?
                  Edited my stupid post. Removed stupid.

Comment

It should...

Comment

Originally posted by waveman View Post
                      I would go with a two line set up ! I went with HEL and I used rubber fuel hose to clamp them in place .

HEL part number? i want colored HEL lines and cant find them on their site..

Comment

After rebuilding the calipers, replacing the brake lines, rebuilding the master and bleeding for weeks it turns out I had a bad master. Installed the new master cylinder, bled and immediately got a firm grip.
                        http://www.wickedelements.com

^^^^^^

Comment

So you are all good to go now Edgar?

T

Comment

Originally posted by wickeded View Post
                            After rebuilding the calipers, replacing the brake lines, rebuilding the master and bleeding for weeks it turns out I had a bad master. Installed the new master cylinder, bled and immediately got a firm grip.
                            CONGRATS on the fix!

Comment

Originally posted by Tmod View Post
                              So you are all good to go now Edgar?

T
                              As far as brakes go, yes. Now I just need to find the vacuum leak, the RPMs hang on 2K.

CONGRATS on the fix!
                              Thanks!
                              Last edited by wickeded; 03-27-2011, 11:34 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                              http://www.wickedelements.com

^^^^^^

Comment

Originally posted by wickeded View Post
                                As far as brakes go, yes. Now I just need to find the vacuum leak, the RPMs hang on 2K.
                                What seems to be the trouble?

Comment

Working...
                                X