X

Dogbone removal/adjustment

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dogbone removal/adjustment

As you can see I'm new to the site and to the Katana. Previous owner had lowered the bike and I want to return to stock height. My question is actually several questions in one. Top of each dogbone has three holes, bike is presently in middle hole. Am I correct to raise the bike I go to the lower hole? Secondly is it a mute question, as from search I did it sounds like you have to remove bottom mounting bolt to get to the top bolt, since it rotates down for easier access? If I have to remove both, I'll just install original dogbones. Thanks in advance for the advice.

Sounds like they are adjustable lowering links. You might want to seek out stock dogbones for stock ride height.... and/or try to measure what's there.
    -Steve

sigpic
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Yes shortening the dogbones will raise the rear. Are those adjustable ones aluminum? I vote for a reinstall of the originals. Can't remember about the "how many bolts to remove", but before you start, back off the preload on your shock and reset it when you are done.
      2000 Katana 600
      2011 Triumph Sprint GT

Comment

Thanks for the tips. Really, once I got into the job, not much to it. Old BMW Airheads ain't got all this fancy stuff. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
        X