X

what would it take to fit gsxr rotors and calipers in a post 03

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what would it take to fit gsxr rotors and calipers in a post 03

hey guys i searched but didnt come up with a definitive answer on what it would take to fit any gsxr 2000+ front rotors and calipers onto a post 03 kat. can anyone help? thanks again.

Originally posted by Miyagi View Post
    hey guys i searched but didnt come up with a definitive answer on what it would take to fit any gsxr 2000+ front rotors and calipers onto a post 03 kat. can anyone help? thanks again.
    There are numerous variables here... from 2000 they changed the front rotors on GSXRs about every 2 years slightly.

The bolt patterns will match up, it's the OD and thickness that is different for the rotors mostly. A simple bracket can be made to compensate for the mounting points between the forks and the GSXR calipers.

Or you can swap on GSXR forks and front wheel.

A great resource for rotor specs...

There is a thread where someone has done the swap for the calipers. I'm sure the rotors would be simple if you know which OD your going to use.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

You mean like this?

Tmod
      Last edited by Tmod; 01-11-2010, 09:36 PM.

Comment

well the long story is there is someone here local selling a set of 02 gsxr front rotors, calipers, lines, and master cylinder for 75 bucks. its really cheap and was wondering what it would take to make it all work? thanks for the responses.

Comment

Fixed missing image in my post.

Tmod

Comment

so from what i see all i would need is those adapters for the calipers. does any place make those or are the custom? and if custom who makes them hahaha.

Comment

so from what i see all i would need is those adapters for the calipers. does any place make those or are the custom? and if custom who makes them hahaha.
              I made those but if you have someone around that is a decent machinist he could make them for you.

Tmod

Comment

Custom...

Tmod made them.

Krey
                93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

make the guy a set for a small fee...........

Comment

ya tmod would you be able to make another set by chance?

Comment

Working...
                    X