X

Two B12 shocks?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two B12 shocks?

I am looking for a B12 shock to upgrade my 94 600 and came across two different looking ones. The first is a 97 which doesn't have a remote resivoir and has an adjustment collar like my kat does. The second is a 98 with what looks like a remote resivoir horizontally at the top. The 98 one also looks just like a Busa shock.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,
    -Izzy

"If you're gonna be a turd, go lay on the lawn."
    -My wife

i think the one with the resovieor will work but you have to move the battery box,, but dont quote me.
    sigpicwww.violationmotorcyclegear.com
    www.dfwsportbikes.org

Comment

I don't recall the bandit shock ever having a remote reservoir....
      -Steve

sigpic
      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
      Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Originally posted by steves View Post
        I don't recall the bandit shock ever having a remote reservoir....
        They didn't...most likely it's an early gsxr shock. The 98 GSXR1100 shock DID have a remote reservoir.
        Last edited by Guest; 12-20-2009, 10:46 AM.

Comment

The second one looks to be a Hayabusa shock. Are you trying to lift the bike?

To be honest I would not get either and get a R6 shock instead. More adjustments and the people that have them love them.

What do you weigh and do you ride 2 up at all, If you do what percentage of the time?

Tmod
          Last edited by Tmod; 12-20-2009, 10:48 AM.

Comment

Is the R6 shock the same height as the stock, or does it raise the rear?

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmie View Post
              Is the R6 shock the same height as the stock, or does it raise the rear?
              Actually lowers it about 1/2~3/4". But you can always drop the front a bit.

Tmod

Comment

I don't ever ride 2-up, but was looking to raise the rear a bit. I have been toying with the idea of lowering the front about an inch as the suspension rides fine for me as it is.

I am 5'8 175lbs.

To lower the front, I just ease up on the top tripple and lower or is it more intensive than that?
                -Izzy

-My wife

Comment

you dont have to mess with anything on the top tree,,...if i remember right there should be a bolt on each fork on the lower tree,, loosen one, the other just barely loosen it,, just enough where the bike should very slowely fall, when you have your height, tightn it back up>>>
                  www.dfwsportbikes.org

Comment

Cool. Thanks
                    -Izzy

-My wife

Comment

Well, rather than drop the front, I pulled the trigger and bought the B12 shock. I think that it will help the handling overall and give the stance I am looking for. Granted, it isn't as adjustable as the R6, but that's ok by me.
                      -Izzy

-My wife

Comment

well since im extending that swinger anyways, i think im gonna go with the r6 suspension. i lowered the front yesterday and took it for a spin,, i actually liked it better
                        www.dfwsportbikes.org

Comment

Working...
                        X