Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

My Rotors wabble? (If you called it a wabble)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Rotors wabble? (If you called it a wabble)

As the title states. I got an ebay special on some discs about three months ago and put them on the other day. But I noticed as i put them on that the little rings between the outer rotor and inner rotor were Loose or were wabbly. Should I get another set or is this no big deal?

Thanks!
    -Alex

The rotors may have been overheated and are warped a little bit.
    R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

Originally posted by Ajcowan View Post
      As the title states. I got an ebay special on some discs about three months ago and put them on the other day. But I noticed as i put them on that the little rings between the outer rotor and inner rotor were Loose or were wabbly. Should I get another set or is this no big deal?

Thanks!
      -Alex
      Front rotors on most bikes are "floating disk" rotors. This means the outter ring, and inner ring are held together by rivits, and will allow for them to flex side to side from each other.

This helps to keep the rotor centered between the pads and improve longevity of parts, reduced heat, and better performance.

.5-3mm total flex is normal, and in general not overly a concern. More than that, and the rivits may have loosened up a little. You can tighten the rivits back up with some basic tools if they need to be. The large eyelett tool from craft stores and a hammer works great.

If you are not experiancing any "pulsing" or vibrations when you brake, they should be fine.

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

a little play is normal (and I mean a little).

Ha, Krey beat me to it
        sigpic
        »Ross Wendell
        »1992 Katana 600, 1987 MR2 turbo, 2005 Corolla

Comment

Thanks Krey and Ross! You guys saved me more than a few dollars!!!!!

Comment

Working...
          X