X

DIY Question about Installing New Brakes

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DIY Question about Installing New Brakes

I've got an '05 Kat 600. Lots of experience changing brake pads on cars, and was wondering what the recommendation from more experienced Kat owners is...

Change them myself? Or pay a shop for it?

Like I mentioned, I am comfortable doing it on cars, but never done a motorcycle before... any caveats or tips I should be aware of?
    Mike - Reno, NV
    2005 GSX 600F (Blue/White)

Oh man do it yourself. Literally takes a few minutes. Bolts, clips, pop new pads in and reinstall.
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Definately do it yourself. It's a 10 minute job, that requires ordinary hand tools. Nothing special.

Comment

The only part that looks confusing are them are the pad spring and retaining clips but I'm sure that's cake once you get in there
        sigpic

Comment

Awesome. I feel 100% confident now. Will let you guys know how it goes.

Thanks!
          Mike - Reno, NV
          2005 GSX 600F (Blue/White)

Comment

Yeah, breaks are easy. The only other thing you'll need, but you probably already have, is the caliper piston compressor to reset the piston flush to the caliper body. It's the same principle as doing car brakes.
            How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
            How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
            How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
            How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

Gravy job!!

Comment

Working...
              X