2003 forks into an 2001?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2003 forks into an 2001?

Hey Guys,

Just got my very first bike. 2001 GSX600F Kat. I bought this from a neighbor. The bike has been sitting around for almost a year now outside his house. So i decided to ask him how much he would sell it for. It has some damages to it, so he sold it to me for $940...with 8,000 miles on it. the whole front end is smashed. He told me that he "simply dropped it"...i took it apart and found out that he must have crashed into something because the front forks and upper fairing stray mount is bent. I now have to replace both front forks. I was wondering if the 2003 front forks fit my 2001, because someone is selling them for $150 including front axel? Also if anyone in here is selling a pair for cheap please let me know. Thank you for your time.

the 03 front forks will not work. That's a 17mm front axle, the 01 is 15mm.

Comment

Welcome to KR.

Chris: should work if he got a 03 front wheel right??
      2002 GSXF 750

Comment

the axle will be longer as well, the 03-up front end is wider than the 98-02. If you want to use an 03-up front end, get the complete assembly; upper and lower triples, forks, wheel, axle, and fender.

someone correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the forks the same from 89-02??

that may be another option....finding older ones and rebuilding them with better valve emulators, springs....

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
        You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

The upper part tube of the forks are the only one's that are bent. Would it be hard to just get the upper tube and rebuild it? Thanks for the help.

Comment

arsenic may have some he could sell you, he has a s-load of kat parts laying around....

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
            You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

I don't have any 98+ forks, I have a set of rebuilt 89-97 600 forks, but they come with the pre steering stem, top tree, clip on's, front axle and front fender mounts also. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...3AIT&viewitem=

hard for you, have you ever done it before? Hard for me, no, but I've done it 100's of times.
              Originally posted by Jk622 View Post
              The upper part tube of the forks are the only one's that are bent. Would it be hard to just get the upper tube and rebuild it? Thanks for the help.
              Originally posted by teddy View Post
              someone correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the forks the same from 89-02??
              not exactly the same, but it's won't make any difference, unless the 98+ caliper don't mount to the pre forks, which I do not know, I'll check, I've got 98+ front calipers.
              Last edited by arsenic; 03-11-2009, 04:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Thanks for your help. I'm buying a 98 forks that would come with a triple tree with it. It should work fine right?

Comment

correct

Comment

Working...
                  X