X

98 kat swingarm on 93 kat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 98 kat swingarm on 93 kat

well i just threw the chain on my 93 kat today and it messed up the swingarm pretty bad and i found a 98 for real cheap wondering if it will fit

Originally posted by crazyjls View Post
    well i just threw the chain on my 93 kat today and it messed up the swingarm pretty bad and i found a 98 for real cheap wondering if it will fit
    Differences I know about...

The 98+ brake arm mount is on the bottom, not the top.

Arm is going to be slightly wider (might cause a spacer issue possibly with pre rim)

Mounts for suspension links are slightly different (98+ is once center mount the links bolt to either side of, pres have two seperately spaced bolt mounts)

Not sure of the length compared to the pre either... so you may need to consider that in your chain length.

I believe the pivot axle for the arm is the same, so you can bolt it right up there. The other issues are easy mods to adjust for (get post 98 links, and brake arm/calipers for example). Might have to make some new spacers if you keep the same rear wheel.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

ok thank u for ur help

Comment

a 98+ swing arm will fit a pre 98 frame, it's not even a little bit easy or a little bit cheap. I have a pre 98 600 swing arm if your interested.

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
        I believe the pivot axle for the arm is the same, so you can bolt it right up there. The other issues are easy mods to adjust for (get post 98 links, and brake arm/calipers for example). Might have to make some new spacers if you keep the same rear wheel.
        no it's not. The 98+ pivot bolt is a 2mm larger diameter. The 98+ swingarm is 1 1/2" longer. It's also 1/4 wider on both sides of the pivot tube. I've done a 98+ swing arm on a pre frame. I know exactly how to do it. It's NOT easy, and you can't do it alone. A machine shop is needed. Dude, I'm straight up telling you, this is no way an easy thing to do.
        Last edited by arsenic; 02-11-2009, 04:26 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Thanks glad i didnt get involved in that i actually found one today on ebay for $25 woohoo

Comment

Working...
          X