X

interesting find at work

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• interesting find at work

I work in a hopsital and we have plastic graduated cylinders that will work great for measuring exact amounts of fluids like fork oil etc. they measure in CC's and ML's i will definitely have to put some to use. If any of you has family or friends working in a hospital these cylinders a great to have.
    sigpic

perhaps you should 'liberate' a bunch and offer them to KR members?
    R.I.P. Marc

Comment

I will begin acquiring them without getting myself fired LOL and i would be happy to help out the members here with something useful I will let you all know when i have a good amount of them.
      sigpic

Comment

I have used flasks, graduated cylinders, syringes but my favorite is still:

Comment

Stockphoto? That's an interesting way to measure
          -Steve

sigpic
          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
          Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

He He that works too! I figure the graduated cylinders at work hold a lot of fluid.
            sigpic

Comment

You can also get gratuated cylinders at a local photo supply store. One that carries darkroom equipment.

Since I have not used my darkroom in a couple years, I figured if I contaminate the plastic graduate with oil it will be no big deal since I don't use it anymore for it's purpose.
              How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
              How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
              How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
              How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

I have liberated a couple glass measuring cups from the kitchen , they work really well for mixing fuel and lawn chemicals as well and are glass so super easy to clean
                Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

why not buy plastic paint mixing cups at the local parts store? They have more markings than you'll ever need and probably go for about 50cents each, and nobody gets fired.
                  sigpic'06 750Kat, SCORPIO alarm, integrated turn sigs into smoked LED tail light, gun metal frt turn sigs & windshield, shovel MIA, AMSOIL throughout, TARGA tank cover, PIIA 130Db Sport Horns. 16-45 sprocket set-up

Comment

measuring cups and baby bottles from the dollar store works good to
                    98 GSX750F
                    95 Honda VT600 vlx
                    08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Plus you realy don't need to measure out x-amount of mL of oil in a device to pour into the fork. What's more important is measuring x-amount of mm of air space from the top of the fork.

You could just adjust the fork oil level guage to 4 inches, in my case. Then put a piece of masking tape on the outside of the fork as to where the internal oil level should be. Pour in the oil from the manufacture's bottle up to the masking tape and use the oil guage level to suck out the oil to achive the proper height.
                      Last edited by squiggy; 01-23-2009, 08:58 PM.

Comment

hmm, I wouldn't mind having a graduated syringe...... I can't find the combustion chamber volume for a pre98 750 anywhere (or an 88-89 GSXR750). Maybe I'll go bribe some nice hospital worker to hook me up.
                        Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

The hospital supplies, baby bottles, and measuring cups will all come in handy next time i got to do some painting :
                          Currently Riding:
                          1995 Katana 600
                          V&H Exhaust
                          Jet Kit

SOLD
                          2003 SV650S - Orange Comet Project
                          1987 XV700 Bobber
                          REPO'D - 2004 Harley XL1200R

“Ill Keep Freedom, My Guns, & My Money, You Keep The Change

Comment

Graduated cylinders are great, but you can save alot of money if you buy the ones that dropped out...

And if you are serious about quality and savings, the ABD cylinders are the way to go!
                            "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

Comment

Originally posted by StevieB View Post
                              Graduated cylinders are great, but you can save alot of money if you buy the ones that dropped out...
                              booo...I was one click away from posting:

what do you mean "dropped out cylinders" then I realized what you meant. I was thinking there was a new kind available.

Comment

Working...
                              X