No announcement yet.
X

Build Your Own Swingarm?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got my exhaust in: (Anyone know what it is off of?) I really like the Heat Shields actually which is why I got this set. Plus they were sorta cheap for the condition.

Winter Project:
    2002 Katana 600
    -Buell Seat
    -Custom Swingarm?
    -Custom Fairings?
    -Major Cleaning of everything

Comment

Originally posted by Rok_Stars_Bars View Post
      I tried a GSXR 1000 Shock... And the reservior was all into my battery spot. And it was too long. Can you measure the overall lenght of that shock so I can compare it to the GSXR 1000 shock I have...PLZ
      The Reservoir will foul the battery box. The battery needs to move back 1 1/2 inches. The shock is longer but that is why some people swap it out.
      The diameter of the spring is larger and that tends to foul the swing arm cross bar.

I think those pipes might be off a Honda Hornet?

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter View Post
        I think those pipes might be off a Honda Hornet?
        Nope

Winter Project:
        2002 Katana 600
        -Buell Seat
        -Custom Swingarm?
        -Custom Fairings?

Comment

Originally posted by RADAR56 View Post
          Nope
          Huh..
          Not a Ducati Super Motard..Those have silver tips.

Comment

Huh..
            Not a Ducati Super Motard..Those have silver tips.
            at first those heat shields made me think undertail, but the mounting brackets say otherwise I'm not sure what they are?
            Last edited by chinto; 12-12-2008, 01:13 PM.

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

That was why I thought Hornet, they were tucked in along the seat. So they had heat shields but mounted to the sub frame.

Comment

Looks kinda like the B-King cans but about half the size?
                90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                Originally posted by soulless kaos
                but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

That was why I thought Hornet, they were tucked in along the seat. So they had heat shields but mounted to the sub frame.
                  My first that was MT-01, but nope

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

Kawasaki ZX10R

Winter Project:
                    2002 Katana 600
                    -Buell Seat
                    -Custom Swingarm?
                    -Custom Fairings?

Comment

2006 zx10r, sick...should be interesting
                      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                      Originally posted by soulless kaos
                      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

seriously radar56 love ur avatar been watching it for like 30 min now. Still laughing
                        Gravity works 100% of the time.

Comment

Well, thats was my problem. Im putting a different swingarm on my bike. And I needed a shorter knunkle and I found a deal on ebay for a GSXR 1000 shock and knunkle for like 15 buck so I got it and tried to work to with the different swingarm and I was hitting the swingarm and centerstand parts.
                          sigpic
                          Update Jul 11 2014
                          Done finally road worthy, Huge difference in looks compare to the pic in my SIG. Will update everything soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Rok_Stars_Bars View Post
                            Well, thats was my problem. Im putting a different swingarm on my bike. And I needed a shorter knunkle and I found a deal on ebay for a GSXR 1000 shock and knunkle for like 15 buck so I got it and tried to work to with the different swingarm and I was hitting the swingarm and centerstand parts.
                            Well give up on the center stand..

Be careful just swapping out parts like that. You might end up with something nasty..

Comment

Well give up on the center stand..

Be careful just swapping out parts like that. You might end up with something nasty..
                              Center stand been gone. It's hard to explain. But im back to stock shock with shorter knuckle.
                              sigpic
                              Update Jul 11 2014
                              Done finally road worthy, Huge difference in looks compare to the pic in my SIG. Will update everything soon.

Comment

i would think you could pull it off.. just be ready to try try again.. if first you dont suceed try again.. it is just metal

Comment

Working...
                                X