X

Steel Braided brake Lines

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steel Braided brake Lines

Can someone let me know which companies offer steel braided brake lines for 04 Katana 600?

Contact HS2020 here on the forums as he sells several different manufacturer steel braided brake lines.

Tmod

Comment

When I installed my Convertibars, had to go the RYO (roll your own) route. Both Goodridge and Russell have steel braided brake lines of various lengths along with fittings.
      How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
      How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
      How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
      How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

I love the HEL HS2020 sold me as they eliminate the splitter on the front. Not sure if all of the stainless lines do, but it would make sense if they did.

Comment

HEL (which HS2020 sells) are by far the best.

Comment

G & J in california makes a set of lines for the 919 for $70, that is a 3 line setup(2 front, 1 rear). ANy color lines and bolts from what i have read.

A membe sent them their oem, they made a jig, you just have to call and order. Also make an style if you want.

Someone in california might be able to arrange something like this, as well as someone would donate lines for a jig to be made.

I offered mine to goodridge for nothing else but for them to fix their **** with the kat. I never ever heard anything back from them.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

I have the HEL ones from Jimmy (HS2020) too. They look great and make a huge improvement.
              -
              -

I poured spot remover on my dog. Now he's gone.

Comment

Originally posted by BarMatt80 View Post
                G & J in california makes a set of lines for the 919 for $70, that is a 3 line setup(2 front, 1 rear). ANy color lines and bolts from what i have read.

A membe sent them their oem, they made a jig, you just have to call and order. Also make an style if you want.

Someone in california might be able to arrange something like this, as well as someone would donate lines for a jig to be made.

I offered mine to goodridge for nothing else but for them to fix their **** with the kat. I never ever heard anything back from them.
                Do you have a link for this G&J or do you know what it stands for?

Tmod

Comment

I have Russell lines on one bike, and HELs on the other. The HEL are far superior for not much more money.
                  -Steve

sigpic
                  Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                  Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Another happy HEL customer from HS2020
                    -2000 "750"

Comment

Originally posted by Tmod View Post
                      Do you have a link for this G&J or do you know what it stands for?

Tmod
                      no i don't, but i have a number (909) 986 6534 i know they are in california, think ontario, california, but if they are in canada, they do ship to usa.

they are an aircraft company. G&J Aircraft and Competition

THey do it for wrist twisters,
                      Last edited by BarMatt80; 11-11-2008, 01:17 PM.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

no i don't, but i have a number (909) 986 6534 i know they are in california, think ontario, california, but if they are in canada, they do ship to usa.

they are an aircraft company. G&J Aircraft and Competition

THey do it for wrist twisters,
                        Ok thanks they are not far from me.

Tmod

Comment

Ok thanks they are not far from me.

Tmod
                          this would be awesome if it could be worked out. or even great if you got your set.

I have heard that with the kit they make for the 919, it is flawless, all factory style bends, no extra length of line or anything

Comment

this would be awesome if it could be worked out. or even great if you got your set.

I have heard that with the kit they make for the 919, it is flawless, all factory style bends, no extra length of line or anything
                            I got a price of 20~25 USD per line depending on the length, He also said he would make me a reservoir line for the GSXR shock I am rebuilding. So for a set of three lines for the front would be right around $75.00 USD. I will have to visit him since he is only about fifteen minutes away.

Thanks again for the info!!

Tmod

Comment

I got a price of 20~25 USD per line depending on the length, He also said he would make me a reservoir line for the GSXR shock I am rebuilding. So for a set of three lines for the front would be right around $75.00 USD. I will have to visit him since he is only about fifteen minutes away.

Thanks again for the info!!

Tmod
                              could also go to a two line setup like the majority of all aftermarket setups in the front and one in the rear, save you a bit on the kit.

Are they just going to make one set, or they going to possibly make a jig so that other members can order?

then maybe cordinate with some of the admins on here to post a sticky.

Comment

Working...
                              X