X

What brake pads?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What brake pads?

What brake pads should I get for my 95 kat 600? I don't want the most expensive but I still want good ones. I don't think stopping is something I should go cheap on.
    1995 Suzuki Katana 600

Originally posted by mrtoofast4u View Post
    What brake pads should I get for my 95 kat 600? I don't want the most expensive but I still want good ones. I don't think stopping is something I should go cheap on.
    Send a PM to HS2020, he'll hook you up with all you need.
    -
    -

I poured spot remover on my dog. Now he's gone.

Comment

Originally posted by mrtoofast4u View Post
      Folks around here seem to like the EBC HH type pads.

Comment

pads for the pre98 I have are great in both wet and dry conditions. I have not had any fade from my set and they have been on for a year now. I do not brake easy either. I put these pads thru just about everything and have not gotten any fade from them. They are $26 a set for the pre98 kats. They are the A3+ pads. Better than the HH pads and I ran those before.
        www.mopowersports.com

Comment

Originally posted by HS2020 View Post
          pads for the pre98 I have are great in both wet and dry conditions. I have not had any fade from my set and they have been on for a year now. I do not brake easy either. I put these pads thru just about everything and have not gotten any fade from them. They are $26 a set for the pre98 kats. They are the A3+ pads. Better than the HH pads and I ran those before.
          +100 on that. I just put a set of these pads on my 89 750 and the difference was like night and day. I can stop my bike with one finger on the lever now, no joke.
          Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
          Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

Originally posted by HS2020 View Post
            Where do you get them from?

All you want to know is right here ~

Comment

Originally posted by jbo197 View Post

haha..yeah, where can he get these?

p.s. HS2020 sells them.
              How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
              How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
              How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
              How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

I don't
                Originally posted by GSXfs600 View Post
                Folks around here seem to like the EBC HH type pads.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
                  I don't
                  Why not Chris? I read a test on all brands brakepads available overhere (as I remember correctly around 20 brands/types), the EBC HH came out best in every testaspect.

Comment

See the guy directly above my first post, HS2020. Jimmy will hook ya up.

Originally posted by jbo197 View Post
                    Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
                    Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
                      I don't
                      Originally posted by Anoucka View Post
                      Why not Chris? I read a test on all brands brakepads available overhere (as I remember correctly around 20 brands/types), the EBC HH came out best in every testaspect.
                      Different people have different braking tendencies, and not just on the race track. Some people like an initial "hard" bite, and some people like an initial "soft" bite with a very linear lever pull. I never tried the A3+ pads that was mentioned above, but I use the EBC HH pads and they seem good to me. I usually ride at "The Pace" and generally use very little brake at any time. But in the case of an emergency stop, anything more then stock will be determined by your tires, because I rest assured that the A3+'s and the HH's both will lock up and make your tires squeal for mercy if not careful.
                      Currently Riding:
                      1995 Katana 600
                      V&H Exhaust
                      Jet Kit

SOLD
                      2003 SV650S - Orange Comet Project
                      1987 XV700 Bobber
                      REPO'D - 2004 Harley XL1200R

“Ill Keep Freedom, My Guns, & My Money, You Keep The Change

Comment

Originally posted by katanawarrior View Post
                        Different people have different braking tendencies
                        They tried to filter that out off the testresults by using an ABS-equipped bike, braking at maximum brakingpower on dry and wet repeatedly measuring needed distances to stop at different speeds.
                        In my opinion you need pads with the best stopping power initial bite and such are inferior to that.

Comment

I run EBC HH on my Kat. Fine brakes for aggressive riding.

Comment

EBC HH here as well.
                            90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                            I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                            Originally posted by soulless kaos
                            but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

EBC HH here as well
                              sigpic

Faster, Faster, Faster... Until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." Hunter S. Thompson

" Rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow "

Comment

Working...
                              X