X

Adjustable Custom Shock

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adjustable Custom Shock

Anyone know a company that makes a decent shock, custom weighted, for a good price? I called Works Performance, they didnt have one listed for 06 Kat 750, just up to 01. Even that one, if it fit, was f'n $800! I'm looking somewhere around $500 range. Ohlins is out, they don't make anything. I really don't want to deal with B12. I'm 270 without gear, so I need a straight custom.

Can the factory shock be rebuilt? by like RaceTech or someone?

They custom build suspension to suit your weight & riding style
    Renthals & twin spots do not make a streetfighter !

Comment

Call Racetech

Comment

Factory shocks cannot be rebuilt to the best of my knowledge.

There are aftermarket bandit shocks out there... Cogent Dynamics Motorsport http://www.motocd.com is one place that makes them. Given the similar fitments... they might be able to do something for you.
        -Steve

sigpic
        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
        Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

I think that you would probably be served very well by a Hayabusa shock, if you can stand the height increase. (If not, you can use lowering links to bring it back down)

The Busa shock comes factory with a spring rate of 13.1 kg/mm...... that's high! Much higher, I believe, than is really ideal for most guys under about 250lbs.

By comparison, another popular upgrade is an old GSXR1100 shock, which comes in at 8.4 kg/mm. The ZX7 shock on my bike is running at 8.7 kg/mm (and it's a good bit stiffer than I really need it).

The best part, though, is that the busa shocks are all over ebay, so it should save you some serious scratch.....
          Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Originally posted by loudnlow7484 View Post
            I think that you would probably be served very well by a Hayabusa shock, if you can stand the height increase. (If not, you can use lowering links to bring it back down)

The Busa shock comes factory with a spring rate of 13.1 kg/mm...... that's high! Much higher, I believe, than is really ideal for most guys under about 250lbs.

By comparison, another popular upgrade is an old GSXR1100 shock, which comes in at 8.4 kg/mm. The ZX7 shock on my bike is running at 8.7 kg/mm (and it's a good bit stiffer than I really need it).

The best part, though, is that the busa shocks are all over ebay, so it should save you some serious scratch.....
            Can a busa shock go on without modifications?

Comment

Originally posted by Storm View Post
              Can a busa shock go on without modifications?
              I believe you have to move the battery box, but you can check the shock swap guide to be certain. It's definitely been done.
              Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Originally posted by loudnlow7484 View Post
                I believe you have to move the battery box, but you can check the shock swap guide to be certain. It's definitely been done.
                Do we know what year busa shock?

Comment

I have a SRAD GSXR 600 shock with a custom made spring, from Racetech

I had to move the bottom of the battery box up an inch or so to clear the shock. Then I needed a longer positive battery cable to reach.

If Racetech doesnt list a spring rate high enough, call them, and they can get it made for like $10 more

Comment

Working...
                  X