X

swingarm bearings?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• swingarm bearings?

how you guys doing... i am in the process of picking up a 93 750 and had a question hopefully someone can answer here. the bike is in mint condition, but the chain seems to pop off. i have read that swingarm bearing can cause this to happen. is it possible this could be the problem or is it something else. his brother told me that he put some clip on the chain that the dealer told him not to use if that means anything. thanks for any input that you guys can give me. -brian

explain what the chain "popping" off means.

Comment

I'd guess maybe coming off the sprocket? Or the clip-type masterlink comes apart?

If it's coming off of the sprocket then you could have........

Misaligned back wheel
      Bent sprocket
      Chain too loose
      Bent swingarm (this would probably be noticeable.....)
      Am I missing anything?

If the masterlink is coming apart, then the solution is obvious.....
      Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

i am going to pick up the bike tonite and i will get more info for you guys. i hate not having more info for you guys. will post later... thanks again

Comment

Here's how to service the swingarm... just in case that's what you really meant.
          -Steve

sigpic
          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
          Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

yeah without more info on whats going on its pointless to try and help you out....

let us know exactly whats going on wit it....
            THE EMAIL BANDIT
            F4 I stunted out
            Cbr900 (low and stretched)
            MK III Jetta VR6 TURBO.....

Previously 93 Katana 750....

Comment

Working...
            X