X

swingarm extensions

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• swingarm extensions

looking to make swingarm extensions for my 94 kat 600. just had the tool guy at my factory make me lowering links and they are awesome.so i gots another project for him. i understand how the extenders work, but how the hell do they get hooked to the stock swingarm?
    96 neon turbo intercooled nitrous injected
    94 kat 600 into 750

the only pair for a kat ive seen just slid in place of the tensioners and had bolts through the axle holes holding it in.

Comment

what did it cost to get the lowering links?im looking everywhere for a set for a 92 750.

Comment

made them myself with some help for free. cost me 4 dollars for a new bottom bolt and nut.made them from steel instead of aluminum. real easy to make and so far my bike hasnt fallen apart ha pm me and maybe i can help you out.

where'd you find those extensions by any chance??
        Last edited by neonjeffie; 05-05-2008, 07:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
        94 kat 600 into 750

Comment

screw the links im cutting my swingarm
          94 kat 600 into 750

Comment

post some picks if you do ..... I,m wanting to get mine extended 8 and widened
            sigpic

Comment

So did you ever do it?My son has a 95 kat 600 and wants to put on extensions.
              97 TL1000S,K&N filter,Micron exaust cans,Ceramic coated headers (black),Air box mod,+2 Rear sprocket ,Chrome Rims,Metzeler M1 tires,Polished Chain Guard,Heel Guards,Clutch and Brake Levers and Brake arm

Comment

There is a member here who makes kits for the pre98's.

ne-oublie
                KatRiders.com conversations about Suzuki Katanas
                and the days spent riding them. Includes Vintage Kats, Street Fighters, 1100 Kats Only, and Long Term Projects.
                -Steve

sigpic
                Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Originally posted by steves View Post

ne-oublie
                  http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.p...lowering+links
                  I think they were looking for swingarm extensions. I don't think they exist, and if they do, I wouldn't trust them. If you want a longer swingarm (which would be hilarious to me, since the Kat is already long and front-heavy), then you'll have to get to welding.
                  Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Originally posted by katana_j View Post
                    So did you ever do it?My son has a 95 kat 600 and wants to put on extensions.
                    check out my garage and i have pics of my extended swingarm.i have one already made, if the person doesnt buy it soon it will be up for sale after this weekend. i'll try to get pics of it this weekend. i also have another arm ready to modify.if anyone is interested let me know.
                    94 kat 600 into 750

Comment

Originally posted by gunmakit View Post
                      what did it cost to get the lowering links?im looking everywhere for a set for a 92 750.
                      Originally posted by loudnlow7484 View Post
                      I think they were looking for swingarm extensions. I don't think they exist, and if they do, I wouldn't trust them. If you want a longer swingarm (which would be hilarious to me, since the Kat is already long and front-heavy), then you'll have to get to welding.
                      -Steve

sigpic
                      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                      Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

I made my own swingarm as well. It's really pretty easy to do, but you have to keep safety in mind and remember your geometry and a little physics when you do it.
                        94 600 With a GSX-R 1100 engine. Stretched, lowered. Air shifter, Nitrous, Who knows what next...

Comment

Originally posted by steves View Post
                          Then clarify next time, d*ckhead!

I didn't even see that one, single, short post about lowering links. I just saw the whole thread about swingarm extensions. Excuuuuuuuuuse me!
                          Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

extended arm for sale

finally have an extended swingarm for sale. check on ebay if interested
                            94 kat 600 into 750

Comment

Working...
                            X