No announcement yet.
X

Bandit 1200 Shock Swap... well worth it

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From what I gather, both shocks should stiffen things up. I have a B12 on the way and will let you know once I try it out.

As a temporary fix, have you adjusted the preload on yours all the way up?
    -Izzy

"If you're gonna be a turd, go lay on the lawn."
    -My wife

Comment

The busa shock you'll have to move the battery box, but it would definitely be sprung closer to your weight. You might want to ask Tmod what spring rate you should really be riding on....
      Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

tmods suggestion was to use the busa shock, but I am just using the good ole' internet to see what other people my weight are using.
        My Addiction (94 600 Kat)

Addicted to Modification since... 1995!
        Electrical Tape, Zip-Ties, and Rivets are more like accents then eye sores.

Comment

Just as a note the gen 1 B12 shock is about .5" shorter than the later year models. I've got a gen 1 shock if anyone is interested.
          Attached Files

Comment

L&L on that ZX14 shock what year is it? also i nenvere seen on the shock swap list, but do you need to use the ZX dogbones or everything stock but the shock?
            "I was not gonna ride a fighter at first, but then my testicles, that's what we men have, told me that if I did not, they would leave. I value the relationship I have with my testicles and so proceeded to rock it fighter" - cannonball

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Coffee View Post
              L&L on that ZX14 shock what year is it? also i nenvere seen on the shock swap list, but do you need to use the ZX dogbones or everything stock but the shock?
              It should be on the shock swap list...... I recommended it be added at the same time I recommended the R6 get added (I bought them both on a whim, just to see if they would work).

I believe the one I have is an 07 or 08.... but I'm pretty sure they're all the same. Just swapped the shock, nothing else.

Kat vs ZX14 shock
              Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Alright cool. The shock was onn the swap but not if i needed the dogbones thats what I meant sorry...Thats actually where i igot the idea for the zx14...wasnt till i read this thread that i was reminded of it..
                "I was not gonna ride a fighter at first, but then my testicles, that's what we men have, told me that if I did not, they would leave. I value the relationship I have with my testicles and so proceeded to rock it fighter" - cannonball

Comment

Working...
                X