No announcement yet.
X

Busa shock on a 98+

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

According to his first post, BP, it's a 98' 600.

Comment

Originally posted by GregS View Post
      According to his first post, BP, it's a 98' 600.
      Yeah.. That was one of those "click" moments..

But thanks Greg!!

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter View Post
        I was able to just slide the battery box back and drill/tap new holes. It ends up sitting differently because it is no longer sandwiched with the tank mount. I think it was 2 1/4", I had no issues that I can remember with the wiring..

Is this on a Pre or 98+? I still have to complete the entry of it in the exchange list.. Any info you can provide me would be great!

Cheers
        Yep it's a 98. After a little looking it appears that the battery box is attached to the inner rear ... fender? wheel molding? shovel thingy? ... in that it's actually 1 piece of plastic. The battery box is separated from the under seat storage area by a little plastic bulkhead that's molded in that same piece, so I figure I could just saw that out with my Dremel and move the battery back 2-3" and strap it to the rear wheel well part. Doesn't look like I'll be able to just tap some new mounts and move the box back since it appears to be a 1 piece design.

I'll let you know for sure once I get in there with my tape measure and camera.

I'm going to lose quite a bit of storage under there, but it should be well worth it. I'll just have to pack my plethora of tools more cleverly I guess
        - Beave

1998 Katana 600 - Traded
        2005 F4i -

Comment

Working...
        X