X

fork swap

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fork swap

got a pre 98 kay 600 wanting to know what forks i can swap with! and what all i need to do this! thinks!!

what are you thinking? You can make anything you want fit, but I doubt a lot of things are a straight up swap.

Comment

There was a thread on this that I was reading myself not to long ago in the suspension section, did you try looking there at all? it was very informative, and IIRC I believe that there was a span or early gsxr USD forks that COULD swap to the pre-98's without too much trouble...don't quote me on that though.
      Florida, the only place where you need your windshield wipers and sunglasses. At the same time.

05/02 1216 Kabandit
      18v Rigid Drill
      Craftsman Rubber Mallet with duct tape mod
      New Balance 765 running shoes from 10th Grade, with duct tape and super glue mod

Comment

Ron Ayers shows that the pre 98 600 forks are specific to just that model.

If your looking to upgrade to fully adjustable forks, an easy way, if the pre 98 forks are 41mm (my 2001 is 41mm), would be to replace the forks, wheel, calipers, rotors, and fender, and whatever else, from a Yamaha YZF600R. The Yamaha forks are also 41mm right side up, but fully adjustable forks. What I don't know is if they are long enough to match the stock fork height in order to maintain OEM steering geometry. The OEM forks would slide out, then the whole Yamaha suspension assymbly would slide in.

If you looking for something contemporary, USD forks, then there's that thread reconstyle was talking about.
        How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
        How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
        How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
        How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

Working...
        X