Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

noob-----no front suspension travel ? ! ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• noob-----no front suspension travel ? ! ?

Hi

Bought my first bike last week, went to get safety done, and didnt pass because my front "forks" seem to be stuck all the way down. There is virtualy no travel when i press on the handle bars.
    Now my questions are :

Is it adjustable ?
    If it is how do i adjust it ?

Bike in question is 89 gsx600

Thanks
    Adam
    Live life while you still can, don't waste your time. If what your doing isn't exciting and dangerous is it really worth it? Life should be fun.

Well you can adjust the stiffness by the little screws on the top of the forks, but I don't think adjusting them will fix your problem. It sounds to me like your way low on fork oil. I'm sure someone will more experience than me will chime in to confirm or offer other suggestions though.
    1999 Black Katana GSX-600F

Comment

Springs busted?

Can you post a picture of the side view of your bike? We'd be able to tell if it's lowered, or if something else is going on.

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

Wheelies????
        AAA-Anarchy, Armaggedon, Annihilation

Comment

Guys no pics required anymore. Took it to a shop and sure enough one of the forks was damaged, leaked all the oil and both forks got locked at the bottom. After replacing both got my safety and put on 500 km since last friday. I Love this thing.
          Live life while you still can, don't waste your time. If what your doing isn't exciting and dangerous is it really worth it? Life should be fun.

Comment

Working...
          X