Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Assuming air in MC or cross bar? '98 750.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assuming air in MC or cross bar? '98 750.

Good evening (sorry, long time since posting)

My bike has been off the road for the last 8 months due to huge service bill and my cage suited the commute until now.

I rebuilt my all 3 callipers over the weekend, replacing all seals.

Back brake is like a dream.
    Fronts are as soft as old boots.

I've tried bleeding on both side and centre stands.
    solid fluid flows out of both callipers.

Reading through different posts, I cracked the bolt at the MC, while under pressure and got a bit of fluid out, no air from what I could tell...

The seals are ok - no fluid leaks

I put 80 miles on the new pads today to bed them in, so it wasn't that.

I'm confused.

Any more advise from anyone?

cheers,

Gareth.
    If it doesn't kill you, I'ttle only make you stronger!

Try tying the brake lever back overnight and see if that helps . Helped mine ......
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

The thing is that I tried that the night I had refilled the system...

I purchased another bottle of dot4 and a billy-no-mates bleeding tube and will have a go at lunch time again!

Other than the brakes, I can't believe I've been off the bike for 7-8 months!

Love the KAT!

Comment

Originally posted by Gareth_UK
        The thing is that I tried that the night I had refilled the system...

I purchased another bottle of dot4 and a billy-no-mates bleeding tube and will have a go at lunch time again!

Other than the brakes, I can't believe I've been off the bike for 7-8 months!

Love the KAT!
        Yea, what the hell were you doing not riding a perfectly good bike for 8 months!!!!

This is your bikes way of getting back at you for neglecting it, the kat is saying, "you don't ride me for 8 months, well now your @$$ ain't stoppin!!"
        Florida, the only place where you need your windshield wipers and sunglasses. At the same time.

05/02 1216 Kabandit
        18v Rigid Drill
        Craftsman Rubber Mallet with duct tape mod
        New Balance 765 running shoes from 10th Grade, with duct tape and super glue mod

Comment

I had a service bill of £500 ($1000), plus new tyres, plus fitting another pipe as the old one rusted through...

The only thing not done in the service was brakes, as they needed seals replacing and pads.

With the same fuel economy as my little 1400cc car, I've been commuting in the cage!!

New job means I cant drive and the Kats now back on the road.

With regards to the bleeding, I just spoke to a shop who said you can not have the lever all the way against the handle (thats what I did).

I've been bleeding more this lunchtime, including the banjo on the MC.

The brake laver is now tied in the (hopefully) correct position and I'll see in a few hrs what its like.

G

Comment

Well , my brakes seemed weaker for some reason , and I tied my lever back about as tight as it'd go overnight , and the next day it felt fine again .
            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Ok, now this is getting crazy!!!

I've narrowed the air down to the callipers (by ilimination)
              I purchased a brake line clanp and have had fun clamping and isolating the air.

If I clamp the right calliper hose, about 3 inches above the caliper, the system is rock hard. if i un clamp it, it goes all soft again.

I've tried un bolting it and trying to move the air around to the bleed nipple, but no luck at all.

I've done the brake handle for about 3 nights in a row with no result.

I may go and throw my bike in a refuse skip!

please, for the sake of my sanity, has anyone had any problems like this?

Gareth.

Comment

Working...
              X