X

Anyway to lower the handlebars?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyway to lower the handlebars?

yes i've searched and havent found any answers?
    I being next to all my buddies in there gixxers or r6's or cbrs and it just seems like my handlebars are way higher than theres. I've lowered the bike in the front and it still really doesnt make a difference. Does anyone make shorter forks or something? or can i do a swap from another bike?

Dude.. you bought a Katana.... not a GSXR, R6, or CBR. It is a sport TOURING bike, not a super sport. The handle bars are supposed to be higher for a more comfortable ride for long distances.

You can change out handlebars though. Do a search for "clip ons" you should find something.

Greg

COURAGE -

Freedom is the sure possession of those alone
    who have the courage to defend it.

First Sergeant(Ret) - US Army - 21 years

Comment

Yeah!!!

Comment

you can get honda F2 or F3 clipons from a salvage yard and puthem on. They will lower the bars alot.
        Um I dont know any wise quotes so go read katansoldiers quote in his signature!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Why do you want to lower the handle bars?

It will probably make your Katana harder to handle, and EXTREMELY uncomfortable.

If you have problems with your friends making fun of you, or you want to be more like them, I'm afraid you've got the wrong set of wheels....
          Florida, the only place where you need your windshield wipers and sunglasses. At the same time.

05/02 1216 Kabandit
          18v Rigid Drill
          Craftsman Rubber Mallet with duct tape mod
          New Balance 765 running shoes from 10th Grade, with duct tape and super glue mod

Comment

Originally posted by reconstyle
            Why do you want to lower the handle bars?
            It will probably make your Katana harder to handle, and EXTREMELY uncomfortable.
            No.. My bars are more comfortable and offer better control.
            (I mean the bars don't effect handling)

But yeah.. If you want to hang with the R6's you better get to work.

Comment

I had "clip-ons" on my 750 and it improved handling a lot. Of course it was a bit less comfi on longer ride but I could live with that.
              Guylaine
              Try and keep up now

Comment

If your friends are upset over your ride position.. That's just weird.. Get new riding buddies, those people are probably the one's who are doing wheelies at 90 and doing stoppies up to red lights..

All my riding buddies (A Gixxer 6, R1, ZX14 and Ninja 250) say about my bike is... "Comfy and quiet"... I haven't heard a thing about my riding position.
                The only reason I get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

My kitchen is Burgandy. I don't apologize.

Comment

Re: Anyway to lower the handlebars?

Originally posted by jstang209
                  yes i've searched and havent found any answers?
                  I being next to all my buddies in there gixxers or r6's or cbrs and it just seems like my handlebars are way higher than theres. I've lowered the bike in the front and it still really doesnt make a difference. Does anyone make shorter forks or something? or can i do a swap from another bike?
                  Hey, I understand you totally! I want to change mine too, I find them too straight and I don't like the stock angle they are now....

Dont let people tell you that you bought the wrong bike, you can make your own bike, your own kind of sport bike out of you katana for much cheaper than buying a GSX-R. I'm certainly not gonna buy a GSX-R just to get the riding position I want....

I used to want to get a GSX-R, but after seeing some kool kats here, I wanna set it and update it to the way I want it to be I yeah, my own unique and customised and affodable and cheap to insure...

So far I found this...

There is another one here in the pages

But I could not find them anymore...
                  Anyhow I think that's what we need.

Comment

Changing to 'bars off any of the bikes that have the same size forks is IMO a cheaper and better way to go. More of a real mod..
                    Also be aware that if you have a 750 once you remove the top plate holding the bars you expose the ugly lower plate.

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter
                      Changing to 'bars off any of the bikes that have the same size forks is IMO a cheaper and better way to go. More of a real mod..
                      Also be aware that if you have a 750 once you remove the top plate holding the bars you expose the ugly lower plate.
                      That sounds like a good option too, I would like to see that... Is that what was done on the Frankenkat, the bars seem so different...

Comment

Originally posted by slamcool
                        That sounds like a good option too, I would like to see that... Is that what was done on the Frankenkat, the bars seem so different...
                        Frankenkat has a R1 front end.. Apples and oranges..

This is what CBR600F2 bars look like:

Comment

Frankenkat has a R1 front end.. Apples and oranges..

This is what CBR600F2 bars look like:
                          http://home.grandecom.net/~pyds/gallery_files/dash.jpg
                          Hey this is nice, and so the top plate with the keyswitch hole was like bolt on from the CBR?

Comment

Hey this is nice, and so the top plate with the keyswitch hole was like bolt on from the CBR?
                            No the bars are from the CBR the top plate is from a Kat 600

Comment

No the bars are from the CBR the top plate is from a Kat 600
                              By the way how does the ugly lower plate looks like... Any picture here? I would like to see it without to have to remove mine....

Comment

Working...
                              X