X

Relocating Rear Master Cylinder

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Relocating Rear Master Cylinder

I'm in the process of doing a RF900 swingarm swap on my 93 750. After cutting the lower frame rails how do I remount the rear master cylinder? What did yall guys who have done a swingarm swap do? I have tried to search and find some info but had no luck.

did you see if the swing arm would fit befor you cut the frame rails?

Comment

Yeah. It would but it wounldn't have a full range of motion.

Comment

did you have the dog bones and for the RF or are you trying something differant? I am puting on my RF or 93 gsxr swing arm on tommarow and after looking at ever thing I have for the last two years I think I have a plain. the rear foot pags look like the prob so there going to be cut and bent up about 4 in
        and I am going to use a port a power to push the frame rails out about 1/2 in to 3/4 in that should give full range of motion with out cuting up the bike
        but I am hoping that I wont have to push the rails out at all. I have a lot of dog bones and pivets for a lot of years fron 88 kat to 06 gsxr one will work with the right dog bones to keep the hight right, and if worst comes to worst Ill cut the plastic and move the rear master cylinder to the out side of its mounting then all will be right one way or anuther I am not cut the frame ralis off.

Comment

i am going to do the hayabusa shock install here in two weeks on my 92 750. I plan on using a simple L style bracket from its location just inside the frame to outside the frame and them cutting a small oval in the fairing plastic to be able to spot if the fluid is high or low without removing anything.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

cool are you using all busa linkage? dog bones ex..my gole is to keep the bike looking as stock as I can body wise.

Comment

me....no. I am using stock pre98 swingarm and everything just hayabusa shock. My dad is working on machining me some longer dog bones to drop the bike back down to stock height after installing the now shock. I am interested in a new swingarm only for the use of straight dogbones. One like the pre98 kats, but the pre98 kat swingarms won't work on the pre98s(post 98 mounting width is ~9.75" and pre98 is ~7.5 or soemthing I can't remember).

I just need someone to measure center bolt to center bolt on a pre98 750 shock so i can find out how much the busa shock will raise the rear. I only know of moonlit(which apparently isn't with katriders anymore) that has confirmed and done this mod and he says the shock raises 1.5-2 inches. I would like to know if it is 1.5 or 2. I do plan on answer all these questions myself and do a write up when i do the install, because the moonlit write up is either missing the pictures now or some ambiguity. I don't think it addresses moving the master cylinder, which i think you have to.

If either of you could take measurements of your shock and swingarm that would be awesome. something like beekman did.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

I'll messure my shock today and post it. I'm trying to use my stock shock on my swap but I think I'm going to need the RF900 link and dogbones. Does anyone have the measurements off a RF900 shock?

Comment

well after 7 hr to day trying to do my swing arm swap, that yes I think you will need the RF link and dogbones may be even the shock because the stock shock with links and dog bones from stock to 06 gsxr did not for me so back on went the old swing arm but now I know what I need and what to look for .

Comment

Working...
                  X