X

SV1000 shock

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SV1000 shock

I have done a search and have not found anything on this subject but does anyone know what would be involved with installing an 05 SV1000 shock on a 88 600 kat?

www.SOARacing.ca

No info in the shock thread....

Any ideas on the measurments?
    -Steve

sigpic
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Katana 1988 Shock Length 315mm Shock Stroke 69mm

Sv 2003-2005 Shock Length 329.5mm Shock Stroke 86mm

not sure if thats accurate, but thats what I'm told.

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

what are everyone's thoughts on spring rate on the sv1000 shock. Should I be concerned with the weight of the kat. I figure its probably better than a tired 88 shock, but would like a bit of input before I try to make it work.

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

I can't vouch for ths newer SV1000 but my old(2001) SV650 had a pretty cheezy shock that wasn't very adjustable and not rebuildable. I ended up swapping in a 98 gixxer shock. I am using a rebuilt 92 gix shock in my 98 Kat now.

Just my .02

Comment

Most people swap a newer Gixxer shock into the SV's. That should tell you something about the shock quality......
            Ron
            MSgt, USMC (Retired)

Comment

Originally posted by meanstrk
              Most people swap a newer Gixxer shock into the SV's. That should tell you something about the shock quality......
              I guess that does say something. I got a line on one for nothing so I may try to make the swap anyway to see how it is compared to my stocker . I can always switch it back if i need to, until something else comes up.

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

Originally posted by meanstrk
                that's what i did, 01 GSXR 1K-world of difference over my stock SV. depending on how big of a guy you are, it may need to be resprung.

Comment

BTW...... I have a Gixxer shock on my 01 SV 650 also!
                  Ron
                  MSgt, USMC (Retired)

Comment

Originally posted by chinto
                    Katana 1988 Shock Length 315mm Shock Stroke 69mm

Sv 2003-2005 Shock Length 329.5mm Shock Stroke 86mm

not sure if thats accurate, but thats what I'm told.
                    the shock length: is that center bolt hole to center bolt hole?

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

Originally posted by BarMatt80
                      the shock length: is that center bolt hole to center bolt hole?
                      not sure to be honest with you. I found those specs on another board.

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

Working...
                      X