Front End Wobble

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The CyberPoet View Post
    Common (overlooked) causes:

Small fall bent one handlebar. Imbalance in handlebar bends results in steering system imbalance that translates into harmonic vibration at specific speeds. Unbolt handlebars and lay atop each other -- they need to be perfectly identical in bend (if in doubt, replace).
    i dont understand. if the bend in one of the handlbars is changed (even slightly) this will create harmonic vibrations? i dont see the relevance. i was searching for something on bent handlebars 'cause my girls handlebars are crooked on her ninja 250, but i figured they are setup basically the same. so i was wondering how to go about straightening them out. does the front end have to be inspected for other underlying problems?

i had to ride her bike home yesterday and noticed a little shaking around turns at speeds roughly above 30 mph (which seems pretty quick on that thing). do you think they are related? theres a chance i may have been on a lumpy part of the road.

Comment

I had the same problem with my katana and the dealer told me after two days of troubleshooting that the bar ends were aftermarket so when I replace them with the oem ones the wobble whent away.

Comment

wow, thats to say that ive you wrapped your brake lever a bunch of times with electrical tape to make it heavier than your clutch lever, youre front end would shake...? thats sound weird. i just dont understand what the actual cause is...

well its good to know that this is actually a problem 'cause i dont want my girl riding on anything that is not in tip top 100% perfect condition.

Comment

Working...
        X