X

rear shocks

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rear shocks

Hi everyone I'm new to this forum and looks like a good one. I've tried a search for the question I'm about to ask and not surprisingly its not covered. I would like to remove my monoshock from my 91 750 katana and fit twin shocks on the rear, welding brackets on swingarm and frame. Any opinions and advice on this would be much appreciated. Cheers!

Ummm don't take this the wrong way but..
    Why revert to 30 year old technology??
    Not too many new things come down the pike but the mono shock was one of them..
    I mean the overhead valve engine.
    The disk brake.
    The double over head cam engine.
    and the mono shock..

Comment

Hi how you doin? yes I know,a bit off the wall ,I'll come clean I have an idea to turn it into a cafe racer style and I want to have the look as much as i can. when the bike is stripped and the clip ons are flipped it has the potential to look special, its an idea i have running around my head.

Comment

Well,

I know what you mean.. But I think mono shock is a small concession to function over form in this case.
        Check out my Ride profile.. I'm on your side!

Welcome to KR BTW!!

Comment

nice bike, it has the look, thanks for the welcome its good to be here.

Comment

Another thing to research is looking into a kawasaki zrx (I think that's what it is). They have a double shock set-up style swing arm and 5.5" rear wheel I beleave. That would be a cool and unique conversion! You'd get nice low milage shocks, strong arm and 180 rear tire, plus it's engineered for the loads and stresses. It would be alot of work thou...

Comment

Look at that arm! That would be a kick *ss set-up for sure!

Comment

Hmmm!! will definitely look into that, cheers!

Comment

Suzuki has the GSX1400 too..
                  (Ohh man you're sucking me into the idea!!)

Comment

Originally posted by guy2600
                    Look at that arm! That would be a kick *ss set-up for sure!
                    Dont know how it would look on a gsxf but it sure looks nice on my 1982 Katana 1100 (think I need a new kickstand )

Comment

Lookin good!!

Comment

Originally posted by cafepot
                        Lookin good!!
                        Don't encourage him.. That bike belongs to his 87 year old neighbor Morrie.
                        Morrie is kinda old school and "can't" operate his digital camera.. So Waltari (who bags groceries at the local Von's) takes the pictures of Morrie's bikes for him.. .

Comment

Did you do the fab work on that? Looks like it came out good. That arm is perfect for that chassis, tube & tube. Looking at it, it looks like it would be an easy swap considering. A couple of shock mounts and converting the axle tube. Axle tube looks the same size as the katana....

Comment

Originally posted by guy2600
                            Did you do the fab work on that? Looks like it came out good. That arm is perfect for that chassis, tube & tube. Looking at it, it looks like it would be an easy swap considering. A couple of shock mounts and converting the axle tube. Axle tube looks the same size as the katana....
                            Yep, all me. Removed a bunch of the unnecessary stuff and started to add in bracing to help with the extra low end of the bandit 1200. Wound up rewelding much of the frame to fix alot of 1980s undercuts and other bad welds.

Axle is the same as an early nineties gsxr. Machined the pivot tube down to fit the frame and sleeved it down to fit the stock pivot bolt. Shocks are a tad on the long side, debating having them shortened. Also investigating some shocks tuners use on performance kats start from japan (fingers crossed).

Remember, heres what it looked like when I got it

Some of the redone welds and bracing

Comment

looks real good

Comment

Working...
                              X