X

Swapped in a 05 gsxr 750 swingarm

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mystahagy
    I'm still wondering how the front/rear sprocket offset is accounted for with the now supa-fat swingarm and wheel? Maybe even though it's a wider rim, the sprocket isn't shoved out any more? Was it a simple solution?
    It is to a degree I beleave. This is the simple soultion unfortunatly:

'm expecting to have to machine the carrier for alignment. I know someone who swapped in this suspension into a oil cooled gsxr and he had to do the same. In the end it doesn't really matter, machine the carrier, shim the front sprocket... I've cut and customized so much at this point. Regardless of how much it's off in either direction it can be fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by kwebbel
      I could miscomprehend your post as a statement any other way of modding the way you go as a bad way, but I'm sure you don't mean that bro.
      Everybody knowing me knows I'm an absolute perfectionist wanting to make things work better than they were meant to be.
      btw that's one of the reasons I went for a TIG-welder.
      The moral of your story is crystalclear.
      If you're not knowing what you're doing you may have to pay for it in a way you never expected nor hoped for at a very high price, so everybody outthere let's be carefull!
      That is exactly what I was trying to say. I started thinking it would cost maybe $1,000, it was double that and more. When you hack your bikes subframe and shock mounts you can't go back, especailly if you sold all the old stuff. VERY bad if all you have is $1000. I've seen alot of people with tight budgets that got discouraged and had to sell a hacked up machine ending up with nothing in the end. If you want to do a late model gix make sure you have money and skill. There are alot of other options that are easier and cheaper that will get you to the same end if you have less. If I went with a rf arm, fox shock and 91/92 1100 front end I'd be riding the bike now and realistically would perform the same with my riding skill. I'm still happy with my choice thou, even if for nothing more than the bling factor That's cool that your learning how to weld, that's what I need to do.

Comment

Working...
      X