X

can you lower my bike?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can you lower my bike?

I have a 750 1991 Kat--I have searched back to page 6 of this section and have not seen the answer to this yet, so I thought I would ask and hope it is'nt redundant--

being rather short legged, I was wondering if anyone knew a safe way to lower my bike? I do not want it to effect handling though. That would not be worth the sacrifice. Happy Memorial Day everyone! I am at work today, but as you can tell, I don't plan on doing much!!

Mash

I have a 96. Had it lowered 1" just by adjusting preload.

Comment

The search function makes short work of things like this. Try "dogbones" or "lowering kit".
      Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
      -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
      -Terence

Comment

thanks, I've read enough now to rethink the lowering thing. tip toeing isn;t really that bad. if anything, it makes me more cautious. you have to really be vigilant about where you park and how you stop. my Dad had a 1978 CB750 once, and coming out of a restaurant driveway (at the edge of the highway) he stopped his bike at the bottom of the hill leaving his back tire up high and his front tire on a little hump. It would not have mattered if his leg was a foot and a half longer, he was going down no matter what, because he didn't think about where he was going to stop. My buddy and I stopped at the top of the hill and made sure no traffic was coming before we pulled out. We looked back at him and he was laying under his bike!! Nothing was hurt but his pride. That was 20 years ago and we all still tease him about it. I LMAO everytime I think about it.

Comment

brooder-can't use a lowering kit or shorter dog bones in a traditional since you are speaking of because that deals with the post 98 rear suspension that uses like 1/4" aluminum plate for the dog bones. the pre98 rear suspension has a dogbone that has roller bearings in one end, and is curved to clear the shock. i haven't seen a company or anyone that has produced these links.

mash, i am not sure, but i think some people might modify or be able to put a post98 rear shock on the rear of a pre98 and it will drop it an inch, not to sure, but someone will chime in with a definate answer.

Post 98 Dog Bones

Pre 98 Dog Bones

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

Working...
          X