X

Shortening the dog-bone.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shortening the dog-bone.

I have scanned through the old threads and found a little information. I don't feel too comfortable doing it myself, is taking a 'spare' dog-bone down to a local machine shop my best option?

no. especially if you're trying to 'lower' the bike (which i am assuming), you have to get longer dogbones for that.

$30-50 depending on where you get them. much cheaper and safer than getting a local machinist to do what you're asking.

Comment

Guy on this board sells them . Neoublie , or something like that . Search him out .
      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I make stainless steel links or dogbones,to lower or raise post 98 Kats,let me know what you want,$35.00 shipped for KR members.There was a sticky about these,but it has long gone
        Ok, no more mister nice guy, i've met the guy in the street, and he's a wanker.

Comment

Originally posted by ne-oublie
          I make stainless steel links or dogbones,to lower or raise post 98 Kats,let me know what you want,$35.00 shipped for KR members.There was a sticky about these,but it has long gone
          You need to get that put back up. You should also post some pictures of your dogbones. They are a lot stronger than the "multi setting" bones that you see other places.

Comment

Originally posted by tzortn
            You need to get that put back up. You should also post some pictures of your dogbones. They are a lot stronger than the "multi setting" bones that you see other places.
            true, i maybe interested in the future.

Comment

I have sent a pm to the powers of B, so we will see what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by toezter
                no. especially if you're trying to 'lower' the bike (which i am assuming), you have to get longer dogbones for that.

$30-50 depending on where you get them. much cheaper and safer than getting a local machinist to do what you're asking.
                I've found lots of lowering links for sale, I don't really like the look of the bike lowered in the rear.

I'm looking to raise the rear a couple of inches, give it a bit more aggressive stance.

Comment

That would be perfect! i'll send you a PM.

Comment

how hard is it too do i want to raise my 2005 kat 600 i thought about buying a gixxer shock but not sure
                    with every gain there must be a lost

Comment

Ne-oublie's dogbones are a nice peice...very clean little items, and they're made of stainless, which won't be affected as much by all the crap that normally gets thrown at anything under a vehicle...won't rust, corrode, etc.

The install is a breeze - takes about 30 minutes to do at the most.

Ne-oublie - I might have to order another set once I get the bike built. I ordered the 1.5" raise, but now it would seem that the Ohlins shock has ALSO raised the tail slightly....if it feels really screwy, I might opt for a 1" version or something....but only time will tell. I'll let you know if I need another set.
                      FrankenKat 1216
                      GS Fiter 816
                      GSXR750! (race)

Comment

Originally posted by DooD

Ne-oublie - I might have to order another set once I get the bike built. I ordered the 1.5" raise, but now it would seem that the Ohlins shock has ALSO raised the tail slightly....if it feels really screwy, I might opt for a 1" version or something....but only time will tell. I'll let you know if I need another set.
                        Just let me know,i will run you a deal as you have bought a set before.

Comment

Working...
                        X