No announcement yet.
X

Frame Sliders Forum: Purchasing Info and Reviews

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i'm trying to figure out how to post the pics....i'm currently using the "search" menu to try and find out how. I tried to but it says my files are too large. I resized them to 400 X 300, which is the max size for the riding profiles.
    Philippians 4:13 - "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength."

Comment

Use this how to

"I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
      JOHN 16:33

Comment

all right, well i'll post the pics a little later. I don't have time right now. But probably int he next couple of days. Thanks soldier.

Comment

No problemo
          "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."

Comment

Ok here are the pics, even though they are kinda small.

Here is the stuff i used. The 2 sliders, duct tape to cover metal frame to protect from scratching, and some blue thread sealer to keep the bolts from rattling loose from riding.

Here are the rest of the pics, the place where i put the tape, and the sliders, and what it looked like after i was done. Any Questions just ask.

Comment

Nice! Man I hope mine get here tomorrow! When did you order yours?

Comment

i got mine like a week ago. It took about 2 months from mine to get to me though because the first set got lost in the mail

Comment

So here is an update on the sliders. Braunnstein PM'd me and said i put them on the wrong sides... But he said they would work just the same. "The notch cutout is supposed to be on bottom to clear welds on frame, that will also lower the slider down." .....lol, oh well no-ones perfect

Comment

Cool because I would have done it exactly like yours! Mine are still now here, hopefully this week.

Comment

Ok I see what he is talking about in the first pic of McMahon's Kat. I have to go and buy some clear duct tape too.

Comment

How easy / difficult is it to install these sliders??? And what kind of tools would I need for this? Do I need to buy any nuts/bolts too??

I am interested in getting one if I can fit it myself with little or no experience with these things

Comment

It is not difficult at all to install these sliders. I have little to no mechanical experience and it took me about an hour to figure out and put them on correctly.(although my pics show the sliders on the wrong sides of the bike. They should switch sides) It was no big deal though. They work just fine the way i installed them. Get the sliders. It will definitely be worth it.

Comment

Hurry up and get here sliders!

Comment

You dont even need to drop the whole fairing . You can remove the belly pan and remove the screws from the fairing and pull the fairing out towards you and slip the bracket up on the frame and tighten up. I painted my al brackets. they look sweet. Also before the install make sure the threaded holes in the bracket line up. I had one set that was not alined. No biggie just chk it before you fit them to the frame. You dont want to cross thread that threaded back plate. I love mine, Braun makes a nice product . Have had mine almost a year now and hope never to have to see them work, now that I have them installed.
                              sigpic

Faster, Faster, Faster... Until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." Hunter S. Thompson

" Rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow "

Comment

could someone inform me as to why i would want to pick a 3.5" slider over a 4.5"?

very interested, and how long would an install take?

also how long to get them once i order?

thanks.

oh and those install pictures are money.

Comment

Working...
                                X