No announcement yet.
X

Frame Sliders Forum: Purchasing Info and Reviews

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• are these still ready for order.. and how do i order ?

Comment

• Pre 98 are now in development and will be released for sale in a couple weeks, please email to let me know if you want to purchase so i have an idea on how many to make.

view link for info
      KatRiders.com conversations about Suzuki Katanas
      and the days spent riding them. Includes Vintage Kats, Street Fighters, 1100 Kats Only, and Long Term Projects.
      Last edited by BRAUNSTEIN82; 12-22-2008, 03:49 AM.
      www.scrmotorcycles.com www.katanaOutlet.com
      Katana Frame Sliders
      The only fully tested and proven Katana sliders Rear sliders, 520 conversion, gas caps and more.
      98+ Slider are "CyberPoet Endorsed" R.I.P.
      I couldn't have done this without you.

Comment

• I guess im confused on how these things mount. i see the scew holes on the bracket but do you have to do any frame modification whatsoever? COuld you possibly post pics of how they go on?
        Ride like there's no tomorrow!!! You never know when your going to run out of "tomorrows"!!!
        Current Bikes:
        1997 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird
        2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14R Special Edition

Comment

• Great Product Excellant Quality
          Attached Files
          Last edited by XKillerEliteX; 05-01-2009, 09:41 PM.

Comment

• awsome, thanks
            Katana Frame Sliders
            The only fully tested and proven Katana sliders Rear sliders, 520 conversion, gas caps and more.

Comment

• How are the pre sliders coming? I have some brand new paint in need of protecting

Comment

• I like the fat sliders more. At first I even mention it to braun about the sliders being to fat like toliet paper rolls. But now I look at other bikes and my bike. The fatter sliders flow with the bike more.
                Last edited by Rok_Stars_Bars; 04-10-2009, 11:27 PM.
                sigpic
                Update Jul 11 2014
                Done finally road worthy, Huge difference in looks compare to the pic in my SIG. Will update everything soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by sporty_drew View Post
                  How are the pre sliders coming? I have some brand new paint in need of protecting
                  KatRiders.com conversations about Suzuki Katanas
                  and the days spent riding them. Includes Vintage Kats, Street Fighters, 1100 Kats Only, and Long Term Projects.
                  Katana Frame Sliders

Comment

• Just wanted to inform everyone of the new domian name.

SCR MOTORCYCLES KATANA PRODUCTS. Reasr sets, sprockets, cowls, sliders, brake lines, clutch kits, gas caps.
                    Katana Frame Sliders

Comment

• Braunstein - The prices on the first page for the bracket and 4.5 inch slider were like 105. Does this price still hold? It has been some time. Also would it be $5 extra to have a color strip added?

My wife might want to keep my kat and in such case to protect my paint I need to get some sliders for her inevitable come to a stop and drop routine....
                      I am a Penn State fanatic.
                      Why is the sky blue and white? God is a PSU fan...

Comment

• Just got my sliders today. Was a straightforward install. I'm pleased with the fab quality by enlarge. Can't vouch (and hope I never can) for their durability in a drop/lowside. It's slightly more complicated- maybe I should say "nuanced"- if you've got mesh, but overall not a difficult install at all. Took about an hour including running to Lowes b/c I was out of Loctite.

I was under the impression that the color strip was something other than what I got- but that's not really a reason to complain, it's purely cosmetic. For $130 shipped they're a well put together mod, especially considering the potential savings if you were to drop it. Thanks Braunstein!

Just an update. Went to Lowes and bought a 3/4 inch aluminum strip. I shaped it to fit the lathing on the sliders and polished it- looks way better now. 'Course now there's metal on the slider which could present a problem in a wreck- but I left them open ended so hopefully they'd just peel off and vanish.
                        Last edited by Free Coffee; 07-04-2009, 07:54 AM.

"People rike me. Because I force them to. With viorence!"
                        -Travis of the Cosmos

Comment

• 3.5" vs 4.5" sliders

Hi I'm thinking about getting some of these sliders. Any reason somebody would want to go with the 4.5" sliders instead of the 3.5" ones.

Do the 3.5 not protect as well?
                          "You can pour syrup on sh*t, but that doesn't make it pancakes"

Comment

• 4.5 are no longer available
                            Katana Frame Sliders

Comment

• Originally posted by BRAUNSTEIN82 View Post
                              4.5 are no longer available

Thanks! That makes my decision a lot easier!
                              "You can pour syrup on sh*t, but that doesn't make it pancakes"

Comment

Working...
                              X