X

motor swap 92 kat 06 help

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• motor swap 92 kat 06 help

sup all I have a 92 katana it has a bad tranny so i went out and got a 06 katana for parts can i put in a 06 600 in my 92 katana? if so what is the biggest problem i mite have ?

A forum filled with write-ups, FAQ's, and visual aids for
    mechanical & cosmetic modifications to your Katana.

Just keep in mind, the pre motor actually develops more power than the Post. Need the wiring harness, CDI carbs and all that good stuff.
    If its not broke, Hit it with a bigger hammer and blame it on cheap imports

RIP Dad 3/15/08 Love and miss ya already

Originally posted by Nero
    Even I played for a minute or so, then I recovered what little manhood I had left and stopped.

Comment

Originally posted by Newbie2it View Post
      http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=49487

Just keep in mind, the pre motor actually develops more power than the Post. Need the wiring harness, CDI carbs and all that good stuff.

then can i just use the tranny form the 06 on the 92? or can i just use the motor tranny and just use my old carbs and not use the 06 stuff?
      Last edited by log2024; 09-22-2008, 12:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by log2024 View Post
        then car i just use the tranny form the 06 on the 92?

WAY too much work. Use a motor u dont have to fix.
        Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

Originally posted by kevin2502000 View Post
          WAY too much work. Use a motor u dont have to fix.

can i just use the old stuff like carbs ex ?
          my wires ?

Comment

No, unless you ment the coil wires, then Yes LOL

Even I played for a minute or so, then I recovered what little manhood I had left and stopped.

Comment

Originally posted by Newbie2it View Post
              No, unless you ment the coil wires, then Yes LOL
              then what do i need to do to get it to work?

Comment

log where u located?

Comment

As my first post said.."Need the wiring harness, CDI carbs and all that good stuff." The post is different from the pre.. carbs, wiring and the CDI

Comment

You dig up my swap thread through search...

Use the new engine, carbs (don't hook up the TPS you don't need it and the pre 98 wiring harness doesn't have a spot for it).

You don't need the new engine's CDI, yours will work fine. In fact you CAN'T use the new one unless you want to do some major rewiring.

Use the new Kat's airbox (the intake boots might be different, otherwise they are the same).

Use the NEW starter (plugs right up) and use the OLD alternator (new one is a different wiring connection).

You'll need to use your old chain / sprockets or get a new setup. The post 98 chain will be longer than the pre-98.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by mustangracer42 View Post
                      log where u located?

NY

Originally posted by ctandc View Post
                      You dig up my swap thread through search...

Use the new engine, carbs (don't hook up the TPS you don't need it and the pre 98 wiring harness doesn't have a spot for it).

You don't need the new engine's CDI, yours will work fine. In fact you CAN'T use the new one unless you want to do some major rewiring.

Use the new Kat's airbox (the intake boots might be different, otherwise they are the same).

Use the NEW starter (plugs right up) and use the OLD alternator (new one is a different wiring connection).

You'll need to use your old chain / sprockets or get a new setup. The post 98 chain will be longer than the pre-98.

HTH
                      ok cool can i use the swingarm and chain / sprokets?
                      Last edited by log2024; 09-22-2008, 01:11 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

NY

ok cool can i use the swingarm and chain / sprokets?
                        Not bolt on.

Comment

what will happend if i use my old carbs?

Comment

if i use new wiring harness how do i get my lights to work?

Comment

what will happend if i use my old carbs?
                              They won't fit.

The problem is the size of the carb's openings changed between the generations, so the rubber velocity stacks they connect to change as well. The old carbs won't seal/fit to the new velocity stacks.

Cheers,
                              =-= The CyberPoet

Last edited by The CyberPoet; 09-24-2008, 09:16 AM.
                              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
                              X