Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

The Great Advancer Thread! BACK IN STOCK!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Great Advancer Thread! BACK IN STOCK!

Get 'em while they're still hot. Ignition Advancers are now back in stock!

USA:
    $55.96 via PayPal delivered anywhere in the USA outside of Florida.
    $60 via PayPal delivered in Florida

CANADA:
    $58.00 USD$ via PayPal delivered via 1st Class Mail Int'l in a padded envelope to Canada (no tracking number)
    $69.00 USD$ via PayPal delivered via Priority Mail Int'l in a box to Canada (full tracking & delivery status).

PayPal: [email protected]

NOTE: Delivery to "confirmed addresses" only (i.e. - must match the billing address).

Cheers,
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Last edited by The CyberPoet; 07-01-2008, 05:16 PM.
    Remember The CyberPoet

PP sent to ya CP....
    I love my Kat!!
    2000 burgandy 750

Comment

y is it $4 more to deliver in your own state CP? just curious....

I dont have "hobbies" I'm developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set....

http://www.excessivehoppyness.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by whitecl0ver View Post
        y is it $4 more to deliver in your own state CP? just curious....
        Sales taxes apply to the entire amount, unfortunately.

Cheers,
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Thats what i thought

I dont have "hobbies" I'm developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set....

http://www.excessivehoppyness.blogspot.com

Comment

what years are the timing advance wheels for. I own a 1990 kat 750

Comment

1988 - 2006 Suzuki Katana 600 & 750 as delivered to the north American market.

For exactly what it does, how it works, etc., see this thread: http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=77117

Cheers,
              =-= The CyberPoet
              Last edited by The CyberPoet; 07-02-2008, 08:49 PM.
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

thank you, i'm going to wait till friday, I spent all my cash on parts this week. would you have an opinion on whose jet kit to use? dynojet or factory pro? I also need emulsion tubes.

Comment

Originally posted by genericuserid View Post
                  thank you, i'm going to wait till friday, I spent all my cash on parts this week. would you have an opinion on whose jet kit to use? dynojet or factory pro? I also need emulsion tubes.
                  factory pro or Ivan jet kits, Dynojet Is trash
                  sigpicAllan

If you love it, let it go. If it comes back to you, you've high-sided!

Comment

I was using the sites search tool and didn't really come up with anything,
                    i tried the google search box and got tons of info from this site, should have tried that before I asked an already answered question. from what I understand there's a general dislike of dynojet kits. that google search box here rocks.

Comment

Pre-98: FactoryPro
                      98+: Ivan's JetKit
                      Both with the OEM air filters -- not aftermarket filtration.

Cheers,
                      =-= The CyberPoet
                      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I'm on a part buying tear today! Did the driveway drop yesterday, so have to make her a bit faster in order for everyone to not see the new scratches!

Thanks CP! Excited about this one!
                        Power is nothing without control.

Comment

Why exactly do you guys think Dynojet is trash? I've seen people say that, but never heard a reason.

Comment

Originally posted by beherenow71 View Post
                            Why exactly do you guys think Dynojet is trash? I've seen people say that, but never heard a reason.
                            I can't comment on the Dynojet kit for the Kat but other bikes that I have installed them on there always seems to be a flat spot somewhere along the curve, I played with the 1/2 clip adjustement and the fuel screws for quite some time before I finally just left it where it is at now. I have a portable wideband setup http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/products/lm2.php and I could set one area where it was spot on and yet another area would be off so I was always chasing my tail.

Dynojet seems to borrow bikes to make the kit but they don't spend any off dyno time to get it perfected. Remember you can't ride a dyno.

I just installed a Ivan's kit on the Kat but as of yet I can't comment as I still have some other items I am doing at the same time. I am curious to see what the cruise AFR will be at around 70 mph on a flat road. I hear bad story's about the gas mileage after a jet kit install so maybe I can come up with some numbers that could help us out.

Tmod
                            Last edited by Tmod; 07-03-2008, 09:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by beherenow71 View Post
                              OK, that statement (at least from me) is specific to the DynoJets on the Kat -- I won't say that all DynoJet jetkits on every brand of bike. The reasons are as follows, from my point of view:

1. Production Quality issues. The needles are blunt, mass produced slabs of metal without any fine work to them... and the fuel like big blunt pieces of mass produced metal without any fine work to them. Even the OEM needles (at least when new) are better "quality" production pieces.

2. 98+ comment only - haven't worked with a pre-98/dynojet combo but might hold true: the springs sent along with the DynoJet jetkit are way too stiff, cause all sorts of throttle-response issues (stick to the OEM diaphragm springs). This tells me that, at least for the 98+, they didn't do any actual development, but simply tossed a bunch of parts that would be appropriate to those carbs into the box, otherwise those springs would never be there.

3. 98+ comment only - haven't worked with a pre-98/dynojet combo but might hold true: my own testing back-to-back with both the DynoJet and Ivan's kits: the throttle response, air-fuel mixtures (measured on the dynometer's EGA), fueling in general and power delivery: the DynoJet was utter crud by comparison. The Ivan's also only came with exactly the appropriate parts (fine needles, 1 set of jets), verses a bunch of different jetting & slab-nosed needles for the DynoJet to try to "correct" the fueling.

4. 98+ comment only - haven't worked with a pre-98/dynojet combo but others say it holds true in general: given the stock air filter, stock headers, the Ivan's was virtually spot-on maximum torque fueling straight out of the box with zero adjustments necessary on all three Kats I ran over the dynometeer's exhaust analyzer after install (2 Kat 600's [one with a 750 header bolted on], plus one Kat 750).
                              Both of the DynoJet kits I tried had to have post-install tuning done to fuel anywhere near correctly and still developed uneven fueling issues in some band (generally around 4k RPM), plus usually hesitation coming off idle with the DynoJets.

5. While Ivan doesn't include a free dynometer run coupon in his kit, I've never seen an Ivan's install that needed post-tuning with the stock headers & air filter. DynoJet includes the coupon for a free dyno-run, but then doesn't honor it at most shops or claims it's expired (although it has no expiration date on it, at least the ones in the kits from 99 - 01). This means the post-tuning is going to cost you significantly more if you have a shop install it.

6. It used to be that DynoJet's kits specifically told you to use a K&N filter if possible. Use of K&N filters on the 98+ generally leads to all sorts of additional fueling aggrevations and additional tuning issues, plus a zero-net-gain in power (some loss in some RPM's). Both Marc from FactoryPro and Ivan have said the same thing -- at least on the 98+ models, there is zero gain from using the K&N's and some performance penalties.

I think that's a fairly clear and complete list.

Originally posted by Tmod View Post
                              I just installed a Ivan's kit on the Kat but as of yet I can't comment as I still have some other items I am doing at the same time. I am curious to see what the cruise AFR will be at around 70 mph on a flat road. I hear bad story's about the gas mileage after a jet kit install so maybe I can come up with some numbers that could help us out.
                              If you're very concerned about fuel mileage with an Ivan's, lean out the pilots to 3.5 turns instead of 4 turns and your mileage will go back up by about 10%.

Cheers,
                              =-= The CyberPoet
                              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
                              X