X

Front wheel bearings

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front wheel bearings

A friend of mine is using a 88-89 GSXR 750 front rim on a 1990 Katana 600. The Katana wheel bearings are 15x42x13. The GSXR bearings are 20x47x14. So, in order to use a GSXR rim on a Katana, with the Katana forks, you would need 15x47x14 bearings, what do you guys use? Waltari, I'm looking in your general direction.

I thought Arsenic was all knowing? Don't you hate when you have to ask questions, instead of giving answers? I know I do. Since I started my new job, I have a lot more questions than answers, it sucks. Hope you find your answer.

Comment

I already did, and I am all knowing, I just wanted Waltari opinion. His was the same thing as mine. I know how to do things. Is it wrong to ask for someone's opinion that has done this type of thing before when I haven't

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
        I already did, and I am all knowing, I just wanted Waltari opinion. His was the same thing as mine. I know how to do things. Is it wrong to ask for someone's opinion that has done this type of thing before when I haven't
        yes it is wrong!!!!!!!!!:stfuchris
        J/K
        sigpicMy Kat Barks Like A Dog!boof boof.

Comment

sorry, won't happen again

Comment

i kind of thought the dude with the guns would make it seem more like a clint eastwood voice..lol
            sigpicMy Kat Barks Like A Dog!boof boof.

Comment

I know this is an old topic, but...

What was the answer?.. :P

Krey
              93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Chris (arsenic) is sitting right next to me. He said he never got the answer. I'm too selfish to let him use my computer to respond

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

Chris (arsenic) is sitting right next to me. He said he never got the answer. I'm too selfish to let him use my computer to respond

LOL.. No worries.

So I guess I'll have to dig a bit more to find somewhere that can offer 15x47x14 single row bearings. Ill let ya know where I find them at.

Krey
                  93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by Gytrdunkat View Post
                    haha, since he hasn't been posting I thought he was banned again.
                    How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
                    How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
                    How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
                    How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

Well, looks as though this bearing size is not made.

Can only find...

20X47X14
                      17X47X14
                      15X42X13

So I'm thinking I might have to press a sleeve in the wheel, and use the bearings for the inner diam. of the Kat front axle.

Anyone else done this?
                      Last edited by Kreylyn; 12-31-2008, 02:34 PM. Reason: edit details
                      93 750 Kat

Comment

All Balls is not bringing up anything either.

Comment

Wheel bearings

wheel bearing number 6302 = 15x42x14 front 600 Kat

wheel bearing number 6204 = 20x47x14 front 750 GSX R

Comment

Originally posted by mambopalace View Post
                            wheel bearing number 6302 = 15x42x14 front 600 Kat

wheel bearing number 6204 = 20x47x14 front 750 GSX R
                            Those are already known. He's trying to find a 15x47x14 size bearing.

Comment

check it out with a industrial bearing supplier(sorry out of that loop), make sure it is a high speed bearing !!!!
                              Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

Working...
                              X