X

160/60 vs. 150/70

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 160/60 vs. 150/70

I bought my 96 600 with Z6s and the back tire was a 160/60.....well I got a flat so I ordered a 150/70 to replace it. The 150/70 looks and fits so much better on a pre 98! If I had the extra cash I would have bought a 98+ rear wheel and went with another 160/60.

This is just my thoughts on the subject if anyone is up in the air about tire size.
    96 Katana 600
    97 4 door Blazer LT
    03 Honda Pilot EXL
    sigpic

Thanks for the info. I'm also looking for new tires for my '96. Where did you get the tire from and how much?
    -- Craig S. - -
    aka - craigkat

1996 katana 600

Comment

I bought from motorcycle-superstore.com. I only ordered the rear because my front is still good so it was $132.99 with free shipping.
      96 Katana 600
      97 4 door Blazer LT
      03 Honda Pilot EXL
      sigpic

Comment

Good choice on tire size -- that 160/60 isn't ideal by a far means on a pre-98 rear wheel (3.5" rim).

More details here: CyberPoet's Katana Tire Webpage

Cheers,
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet View Post
          Good choice on tire size -- that 160/60 isn't ideal by a far means on a pre-98 rear wheel (3.5" rim).

More details here: CyberPoet's Katana Tire Webpage

Cheers,
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Your right about that! It looks a million times better with the 150 on it.
          96 Katana 600
          97 4 door Blazer LT
          03 Honda Pilot EXL
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKACIDEVIL View Post
            Your right about that! It looks a million times better with the 150 on it.
            Shouldn't just look better -- it should handle better!

Cheers,
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I'm kind of taking it easy for the first 100 miles until they are good and scrubbed up. After that I'll report back and let you know.
              96 Katana 600
              97 4 door Blazer LT
              03 Honda Pilot EXL
              sigpic

Comment

For my 2000, I want to go as big as possible. I bought a 150, but sent it back because it looked too small.

Comment

I just ordered my Z6's today from Dennis Kirk (used their price guarantee to match Ron Ayers prices). I should have them by the weekend.
                  -- Craig S. - -
                  aka - craigkat

1996 katana 600

Comment

I just orderd my road attacks from my dealer. I should have them on by next weekend. I went with a 160 rear tire. I hope I wont be disappointed.I paid $230 for them. If any york area rider is interested Go to Big Boyz Toyz at the mall and ask for Adam.

I just ordered my road attacks from Big Boyz Toyz at the Gallerea mall. I should have them on by next weekend. Talk to Adam and he will set you up. I went with a 160 rear tire, I hope I wont be dissapointed. I do have a 05 600
                    Last edited by Bergy2; 03-30-2008, 04:19 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                    05 Kat 600
                    Yoshi RS3
                    Bar Risers
                    Road Attacks
                    Fumoto Valve
                    Corbin Seat w / backrest
                    Sportech black chrome windscreen
                    Custom garage door opener

Comment

some or most pre98 rear rims might be 3.5" but some pre98 600 rims are narrower. I don't know which ones specifically, but some came with a 140.

wider tires really don't work any better with the kats. granted you have not done many engine mods that produce some serious power. Also narrow tires will handle better. With a motorcycle, go form over function expecially when it is this important.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

im going to end up getting another post rim for my pre600, to throw a 170 on it for the 1320, i've only found one company (avon) that makes a 170 for 4.5" rim

+1 on the z6's

Comment

Originally posted by Bergy2 View Post
                          I just orderd my road attacks from my dealer. I should have them on by next weekend. I went with a 160 rear tire. I hope I wont be disappointed.I paid $230 for them. If any york area rider is interested Go to Big Boyz Toyz at the mall and ask for Adam.

I just ordered my road attacks from Big Boyz Toyz at the Gallerea mall. I should have them on by next weekend. Talk to Adam and he will set you up. I went with a 160 rear tire, I hope I wont be dissapointed. I do have a 05 600
                          You WON'T be dissapointed, I have had the attacks on for around 1400 miles and I'm loving them. And I'm not just talking touring on them, I have almost no chicken strip, thanks to Hwy1, and have never had a slip. They are awesome tires all around. And just for fyi, I have the same size rear as you ordered.
                          Foolish men search the earth for worldly masters, not realizing that their own mind is the master.

Comment

I have a 150 on my 98-02 kat wheel on my GS. Its not as flickable as it used to be but the plus side is that there are better tires available in this size as opposed to the 130.
                            1986 bf 323
                            1990 zuk gs5
                            2002 mitsu galant

Comment

Originally posted by BarMatt80 View Post
                              some or most pre98 rear rims might be 3.5" but some pre98 600 rims are narrower.
                              88 is the narrow one.

Comment

Working...
                              X