X

Body kits and changes

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body kits and changes

Sorry if I am repeating a topic here, but......
    I was just wondering, I wasnt to update the body work on my '93 tuna.

Is there any body work that is compatable with my bike besides the stock replacement stuff? Like something from a GSX-R. I want to make the bike look more modern that it is. I'd also like to know how much work is involved, price andy anything else you guys and gals can tell me. Again, sorry if I am repeating something!
    Viva La PBR Tall Boy! And Balls on your forehead!

There are no simple bolt-on fairings that update the style that I am aware of. There is a rear cowl available for it from BraadaConcepts (manufactured by one of the two guys who own this forum).

Aside from that, a number of members with bodywork experience have fabricated up all sorts of innovative one-off solutions, from BraadaJim who mashed together late-model and earlier-model fairings in such a way that's seamless, to guys who replaced the entire rear subframe (the part that supports the seat & tail) with new ones to use other tails such as R6/R1 tails. If you are good with bodywork and patient, you can do almost anything, but let me say that it definitively takes talent, practice, patience and imagination.

Cheers,
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Don't forget the biggest part: Money.
      -Steve

sigpic
      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
      Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
        There are no simple bolt-on fairings that update the style that I am aware of. There is a rear cowl available for it from BraadaConcepts (manufactured by one of the two guys who own this forum).

Aside from that, a number of members with bodywork experience have fabricated up all sorts of innovative one-off solutions, from BraadaJim who mashed together late-model and earlier-model fairings in such a way that's seamless, to guys who replaced the entire rear subframe (the part that supports the seat & tail) with new ones to use other tails such as R6/R1 tails. If you are good with bodywork and patient, you can do almost anything, but let me say that it definitively takes talent, practice, patience and imagination.

Cheers,
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Gracias amigo

Comment

kwebbel, yours is a work of art, IMHO.

Cheers,
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Coming from you I take it as a BIG compliment Marc.

Comment

Working...
            X