X

D&D Vs Stock Pipe

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D&D Vs Stock Pipe

Well Kat member TRH came through as promised and found his stock pipe and gave me a call. TRH was the member that sold me the 02 750 mint and equipment (see profile) for more than a fair price in October. Thank you Tom dreams do come true. Anyways to the post: without taking off the D&D and replacing with stock I want to get your opinion if I should replace when my shoulder heals. I have no idea what stock sounds like. So sound off.

Cheers
    go ahead and ruck it!!!

I say scrap the stock pipe. It’s heavy, and restricted.
    As I have seen on this forum after everyone tells you to search on the topic some will say too loud the others will say no it’s not. You will have to decide for yourself anyway.
    I have had stock, D&D and a Yoshimura. At first, I thought the D&D was too loud (it is) but after a while, I grew to like it. But in that time, I got a great deal on a new Yoshimura and tired it. Only reason I kept the Yoshimura was because it was new and shinny. I might still switch back.
    I think the two perform about the same which is way better than stock.

Scale of 1 to 10
    Stock 1 (engine is louder then the pipe)
    Yoshimura 4 (nice tone not quite lout enough)
    D&D 10 (if you like attention this is your pipe)
    sigpic

A Fine is a Tax you pay for doing wrong!
    A Tax is a Fine you pay for doing well!

http://s169.photobucket.com/albums/u214/Chuckwick357/

Comment

If it's a full system , I'd have at it . But if it's just the little noisemaker part , uh-uh . I HATE the sound of them damned things , and they don't do too much for you excpet take a little weight off .
      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I love the tone of my D & D. My stock made my bike sound like a dang scooter! Too quiet!
        "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
        JOHN 16:33

Comment

This is what a full stock 98+ exhaust sounds like.

Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

keep the d&d ,and if you dont then let me know maybe i`ll take it off your hands for you

Comment

loudnlow,
              Thanks for the sound clip, nice burnout.

Cheers,
              go ahead and ruck it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by loudnlow7484
                Owww! That poor first gear mashing-grinding noise...

Cheers,
                =-= The CyberPoet
                Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
                  Originally posted by loudnlow7484
                  Owww! That poor first gear mashing-grinding noise...

Cheers,
                  =-= The CyberPoet
                  I know, it was painful. As I have no gauges, I thought I was in first, but was really in neutral (no light).

I cringed.

At least if I destroy 1st gear, I won't be another 2nd gear statistic!
                  Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Yeah, a repeat...

I hate D&D's!!!!
                    "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

Comment

Originally posted by StevieB
                      Yeah, a repeat...

I hate D&D's!!!!
                      Stevie, I think you really like D & Ds and are just fronting that you don't! Just admit it! It is ok for you to like them LoL!
                      "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
                      JOHN 16:33

Comment

Working...
                      X